5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Very very thorough, with detailed, useful analysis. It is tailored very well to the current A level specification (OCR, anyway, I don't know about the others) with loads of material on different aspects of context and critical responses to the text.
It is clear and accessible throughout but not over-simplified.
A truly exemplary study guide.
Published on 10 Jan 2012 by Odbert

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too long winded for me!
I couldn't use this to revise as I felt it was too long winded to really work with. Not really my cup of tea!
Published 22 months ago by missmetzgie18

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Picture of Dorian Gray: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
It is clear and accessible throughout but not over-simplified.
A truly exemplary study guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful, 19 May 2014
This book was the only thing that got me through my AS English Lit exam. It has so much detail on every chapter, for ever theme and more.
I would highly recommend it for anyone with an exam/coursework on The Picture of Dorian Gray.

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 5 Feb 2014
Not as good as I thought, but still okay, used it for my coursework just used the basics to help

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful revision tool!, 5 Oct 2013
Includes detailed chapter analysis, character profiles, key quotes, historical context, critical interpretations and key themes which were all thoroughly helpful!

5.0 out of 5 stars York Notes, Dorian Gray, 8 May 2013
I brought these for my daugher to help with AS English Literature. She found them a tremendous help and would recommend to anyone studying the book

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful for my As course!, 22 Feb 2013
This book is honestly a god sent- It's incredibly detailed, shows all the necessary context (and then some), and the characterisation section is particularly helpful! A must have for English students!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too long winded for me!, 19 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 22 Jan 2013
E. V. Sayers "Elaine Sayers" (Hastings, East Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
Brilliant book! Really helping me with my study ! I would highly recommend this book. Brilliant layout and useful references to other reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely helpful!, 11 Sep 2012
I felt this book helped me a great deal for my AS-Level English Literature, it doesn't contain the original text but I didn't need it to as I already had that book (just as a pre-warning). As long as you're willing to spend a bit of extra money to help improve your knowledge of the novel 'The Picture of Dorian Gray', I seriously recommend this book! Perfect condition, wonderfully laid out so information was easily accessible and had pretty much everything I needed to know in it! Overall, I'm a very pleased customer and grateful I came across this book in time for my exam!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 May 2012
"The Picture of Dorian Gray" (York Notes Advanced)gives a very good breakdown of each chapter with key quotes, only way that it could be improved is to be made for specific exam board, nevertheless,it is very good for quick revision.

The Picture of Dorian Gray: York Notes Advanced
The Picture of Dorian Gray: York Notes Advanced by Frances Gray (Paperback - 16 July 2009)