5.0 out of 5 stars Useful notes
Published on 14 Sept. 2011 by hskinner

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
it was just ok
Published 2 months ago by Gary P.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful notes, 14 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Birdsong: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
I saw this note book just by chance and bought it - and I am so relieved I did! I have just started reading "Birdsong" as my set text for year 13 coursework and thought it would be useful to have notes to look at as well as the ones which I made in class. This book has detailed character notes and notes on themes, background as well as detailed noted on each part of the book. I highly recommend this book to anyone who may be studying this text at sixth form level.

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality Notes and Useful Information, 15 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Birdsong: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
I would recommend 'Birdsong' York Notes Advanced to AS and A-Level students because of its' useful information about the storyline, clear character notes and useful tips. It's great working with it while writing essay style questions as well as short answers or character notes during lessons and study periods.

However, what it lacks is close analytical and concise phrases based on short effective quotations from the book. This is the only area where it lost a star.

Apart from that, it is nice and easy to work with and the size of the book is very handy, which is another plus!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Birdsong: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
Great source of revision and got me through my AS English lit exam! Really recommend this! Gives in depth analysis, in depth page summaries and points you can put in your exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars great summaries, 20 April 2015
This review is from: Birdsong: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
Fab! Really useful for getting to grips with the plot...lots of useful and insightful parallels with other works slotted in as well as parallels within the novel ! Really made me feel more confident about my exams

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, 3 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Birdsong: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
Really pleased with this; quick delivery and great item. Would recommend to any students studying the text. Good overviews of the text and main themes.

5.0 out of 5 stars bird song, 3 Dec. 2013
C. Slape - See all my reviews
This review is from: Birdsong: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
ordered for my daughter who is studying this at school. Arrived in good conditon etc no complaints. the notes in the book are helpful

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful exam help, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Birdsong: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
This edition with notes by Julie Ellam is easy to use . All aspects of the novel covered and some useful pointers to further reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars York Notes, Birdsong, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Birdsong: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
I brought this for my daughter to help her with A level English Literature. It has been invaluable in her understanding of the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Birdsong: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
A very spell binding book which is hard to put down. My teenager is studying this for A level and is really enjoying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars it really did help me understand a really long and boring book!, 22 July 2015
This review is from: Birdsong: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
Really helpful for my AS exam last year, it really did help me understand a really long and boring book!

Birdsong: York Notes Advanced
Birdsong: York Notes Advanced by Julie Ellam (Paperback - 9 July 2009)