5.0 out of 5 stars More fun than a computer game
The LDCE dictionary is a beautiful piece of work, a joy to behold and read. If you love books, you'll love this one.
Published on 29 Sept. 2009 by Walter Meersman

1.0 out of 5 stars Tatty
It came looking like a second-hand item so I wasn't pleased at all
Published 11 months ago by JW

5.0 out of 5 stars More fun than a computer game, 29 Sept. 2009
Walter Meersman (Antwerp, Flanders, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Cased and DVD-ROM Pack (Hardcover)
The DVD however is I think the star of this 5th edition : absolutely stunning as a reference work, a learning tool and an assistant when reading or writing an the computer. You can take a look at the DVD's extensive and very informative "guided tour" on Longman's website and yes, it really is that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Software compatible with Vista Home Premium., 22 Jan. 2010
Liviu Florea "Liviu Florea" (Galati, Romania) - See all my reviews
I bought this dictionary to improve my commnand of writen English. As a non-native speaker of English I needed a reliable learner's dictionary. My English teacher personally recommended it and I have been using the 4th Edition of the Longman Dictionary of contemporary English ever since. However, the software of the old 4th Edition was not compatible with Microsoft's Windows Vista installed on my new laptop so I had to buy the 5th edition of the dictionary. Although in the minimum system requirements of the dvd only Windows 2000 and Xp are mentioned, the software works flawlessly on Vista Home Premium. I am however not sure of other Microsoft products.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best on the market, 14 Jun. 2009
Lorenzo Spagna (Guastalla (RE), Italy) - See all my reviews
I have bought a lot of English dictionaries over the past years (Cambridge, Macmillan, Oxford, Collins, and the former Logman edition included) in order to improve my English and stay updated but I have always felt that something was missing. This time is not the case: the authors have released a very powerful linguistic tool, that makes you confident in every circumstance. The cd is fantastic with a lot of useful stuff inside (language activator, exercises, grammar, corpus, etc.) and not only the entries, but also plenty of example sentences are spoken!
I think that this is by far the best English dictionary for advanced students of this beautiful language, at a very nice price. Thank you Longman!

5.0 out of 5 stars The finest. I devoted it., 23 Jan. 2013
Collocations, phrases and clear definitions are terrific. Natural English from the Longman Corpus Network is precise.
I'm reading it like a book. There are not more comments.

DVD Software + LDOCE5 Viewer [[...]], make it the BEST dictionary of ALL in the world.

Highly recommended for advanced learners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further., 3 Oct. 2014
I have been using Longman dictionaries for over 25 years. I used the paperback edition from the 90s so heavily that it started to fall apart. I was delighted to buy this new fifth edition and I chose hardcover this time. If I was allowed to have only one English dictionary it would be Longman. Nowadays I use it alongside Chambers dictionary, and I find these two dictionaries a perfect combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 28 April 2014
This is really an essential tool for everyone working with English, and it really helps to improve all the aspects of the language. The edition is very well done, and you will enjoy while using it. It is very useful for learners as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous dictionary, 8 Sept. 2013
i love this dictionary , had an old one since high school , decided to buy this edition as the old one has a lot of missing words,this dictionary very colorful, best dictionary i know,very satisfied from the purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good dictionary, 10 Jan. 2014
I wanted to buy something good to help me when I learn new words, etc. I really recommend it.
The explanations are long enough, teher are lots of examples from real life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Dictionary for Student !, 5 Dec. 2013
Need a little read on instruction !
But, everything is superb after that.
I recommend this for anyone who is studying English. :D