Format: Hardcover|Change

on 2 November 2007
Just what I needed!
Simple and easily remembered explanations - superb illustrations, chart samples and weather photos - I haven't seen another seamanship book in the same league!
It puts the fun back into learning a load of quite earnest stuff.
Alison Noice's style has a twinkle of personality and her book has quickly brought me up to Day Skipper standard. Her other book, the excellent "Yachtmaster Exercises" which I also bought cements the learning into a confident foundation not just for Day Skipper or even Yachtmaster but also happy times afloat. Bravo!
on 16 September 2012
This uncomplicated book is a great pre read for those who are about to do their Day Skipper Theory. My tutor tended to make heavy work of certain aspects of the sylabus but after class I would clarify things by refering back to this book. Educationally spot on and well worth keeping for future reference.
on 20 November 2014
Perfect..Just what I needed after doing my Day Skipper theory.This book is great to refresh what I have previously studied and keep it fresh until I can put it into practice when I do the Powerboats Level 2 exam in a few months.
on 29 July 2015
Really well written book for the Day Skipper course. You will get an information pack if you're doing the course, but this book will make excellent pre course reading and is a truly excellent post course reference book to keep.
on 20 February 2015
Definitely recommend for anyone interested in boating. Very informative, concise, clear and straight to the point. No complicated calculations.
on 5 February 2014
It was a gift for my son-in-law. he is very satisfied with it. A group of them are going on a sailing holiday
on 27 August 2014
Good plain and sensible approach to the learning curve with useful assessment quiz at end of each chapter
on 9 June 2016
A good book...but not a book for your Kindle. I wish I'd bought the hard copy 😕
on 16 May 2015
Good reference book but didn't need to buy it for the Day Skipper Course!
on 31 August 2015