brill advice and makes total sense, it involves much more than just plan but also the thinking,which I thought was awesome :) the workouts concentrate on upper lower and full body workouts I have found myself working muscle groups I've not used before which is great and has inspired me so far a new healthier 2014...
Published 9 months ago by andrew beavis

2.0 out of 5 stars Full on excercising
This book was interesting and you need to be 100% dedicated to get the results you need. I disagreed with a few of the points made by the author, especially regarding he strange and unwarranted view of milk. As anyone who exercises know, you need protein to help your body repair itself and calcium which is essential while growing and as you get older to help maintain bone...
Published 7 months ago by NickyA

5.0 out of 5 stars Book cover mentally preparing to great workouts for a new lifestyle, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Fat Burn Revolution: Boost your metabolism and burn fat fast (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not easy but it's so worth it!, 20 Jun 2014
I bought this book after stumbling across one of Julia's blog posts. I was running regularly & had completed several half marathons & a full one so felt I was in reasonable shape but I needed something else to get my fitness to another level. I read the book, got myself some fairly inexpensive equipment (weights & a gym ball) and started the program.

It is split in to 3 phases - 4 weeks for each. I am about to start the 3rd phase but am so impressed with the results I can't wait any longer to leave my review! I won't go in to too much detail but I have just bought a bikini for the first time in 25 years (I am a self conscious 42 year old mother of 2)

If you are prepared to make some changes to your diet - there's no specific eating plan just some really good guidelines - and push yourself hard 5 to 6 times a week with the exercise (anything from 25 mins up to an hour at a time) then I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It's easy to follow, well written & really motivating. The Facebook page is also an excellent source of inspiration & advice. I would go as far as saying that it is life changing. If you are ready for it, just do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Jan 2014
It's great to see a fitness book that tells it like it is. Julia stresses that it won't be easy but it will be worth it. I'm a regular runner, but struggle to keep my weight down despite running loads and loads of miles. Having read Julia's book (and started on the programme) I know why. Suitable for beginners and experienced sports people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everythimg I hoped it would be, 3 Jan 2014
I have been waiting some months for this book and it is everything I hoped it would be! I was fit and strong when i was young and worked out with weights until an injury to my pelvis halted me. I have in the last year finally been 'corrected' and, after training for last year's London marathon still hadn't lost much of the fat I gradually gained over those 13 years so I googled 'weight training for fat loss' as I was very aware that this was what was missing for me, and found a brilliant write up by Julia Buckley.

I have read the book and it is a fantstically structured guide to getting your body in shape well and truly, and for whatever your capability. i am basically starting over, with a fraction of the strength I once had but am not daunted by the program as I have been by so many others. I have shared some of my history in this review purely to show that this is something basically anyone can take on regardless of where you are startimg from as it is based on YOUR personal limits. Julia has brilliantly constructed a pogram for virtually anyone to use here and I look forward to updating my review in around 12 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book , well worth purchasing!, 5 Jan 2014
I don't normally buy fitness books but this one was recommended to me and its very good. Its informative , very motivating and is great for beginners as the text and pictures explain everything you need to know very clearly. Well worth a read!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Fat Burn Revolution, 3 Jan 2014
I downloaded this book last night, and initial impressions are very good, Simple,common sense in a workable plan.

I would also comment, that the Facebook support site,
seems warm and inclusive, and I sense it could be critical to my success.

Go on, what have you got to lose! (sorry)

5.0 out of 5 stars Achievable for anyone with very little time, 7 Jan 2014
Ok, firstly a bit about me. I work full time in a very demanding job, working shifts, and have a fab 2 year old son....I have no time! Pre baby I was relatively fit, training for marathons and had good body confidence. Anyway, the inevitable happened, I put on loads of baby weight, and managed to lose most of it but the last stone remains 2 years later, a nd with a very hectic life where my health is way at the the bottom of the list! Up until a week ago I had got into all sorts of bad habits, wine, chocolate, cigarettes, processed food and had pretty much lost all my fitness, and to top it all off I have been diagnosed with high BP, which can only be lifestyle related. I felt terrible about myself, how much I had let myself go, and honestly didn't know what to do. I decided that I would start the new year putting my health a bit nearer the top of the list of priorities. So I started to do some research when I came across the daily mail review for this book. Well I was intrigued and immediately vowed to order the kindle version as soon as I could. I read it in 1 day and was so inspired that I couldn't wait to start. It sounded so achievable and seemed really easy to fit in to my very busy life. I was even more amazed by the wonderful FB page. This is so interactive and the author also makes comments, you really feel like she is right there with you. I am 5 days in, having done all the workouts and dramatically changed my eating habits, stopped smoking and drinking wine, and already I feel a million times better! I am so confident that in 12 weeks time my BP will be back to normal and my health will have dramatically improved. I really do feel like this will be one of those life changing moments when I am a healthy old lady enjoying my retirement I will think back to now and realise I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for all those changes I made in 2014. I really do believe this book could be life changing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Love Love, 16 Jun 2014
First 4 weeks done and have dropped a dress size... this book is easy to follow and very motivational. Along with joining the facebook support group this book is perfect for those people looking for a fitness plan that is in expensive, can be done from home and WORKS. Thank you Julia. Keep the books coming

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put this book down!, 4 Mar 2014
I came across this book at the library and read through it all straight away!

It has changed the way I exercise and think about exercise. Some great tips about eating too!

Would recommend for anyone stuck in an exercise rut and wanting to lose weight.

It is working for me :)

5.0 out of 5 stars TBFR, 28 Feb 2014
This plan is hard work, but nothing good ever came from an easy ride. If you really are truely committed to changing your exercise regime and way of living then this book is for you. I started using it, already reasonably fit but had got bored of the usual gym trips. This book brings so much variety that you and your body never get bored and the best thing, if you work hard you see tangible changes. With regards to diet, the book advises on common sense good practice but assumes the reader is a grown up and informed and leaves it to you to decide how best to eat a balanced healthy diet. Personally, I like the theme that comes through, that there are no quick wins and hard work really does get results. If you are looking for something quick and easy, this is not for you!

The Fat Burn Revolution: Boost your metabolism and burn fat fast