‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Me and my little blighter get this, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Getting the Little Blighters to Eat: Change your children from fussy eaters into foodies. (Paperback)
A very quick, but highly convincing read about how so many of us get into a mess with our kids and food and how to sort it. In the month since I've read it, like other reviewers, I've found that it's helped to put the control back in my hands and reduce the constant, annoying-on-both-sides conflict I have with my daughter at the table, and makes mealtimes a much more pleasurable affair. I'm not sure she's quite a foodie yet (but then frankly, neither am I) but she's a lot more open-minded about trying new things, and I'm less anxious about preparing food to then be chucked away (after much arm-wrestling). I don't often write reviews, but this has had such a positive effect in our house that I thought I ought to share it.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, the pressure is off!, 25 Sep 2013
The message I received, loud and clear, from Claire Potter's book, is, It's Ok! It's ok that kids don't clear their plates, it's ok that they really, really don't like beetroot, it's ok to eat with your fingers, try peanut butter, have a sip of beer! Above all, it's ok to set aside all the worry and prejudices passed down to us by our parents. It is even ok to forgive them because theirs was a different time! There ARE rules in this book - don't get me wrong - but they are clear, concise and if you follow them, you will succeed. Mealtimes will be less fraught. The nuggets of wisdom and the 'sciency bits' will empower you and the fun ideas come just often enough to enthuse you without feeling like a failure if you don't want to bother. I don't feel I am failing where feeding my kids is concerned anymore - because I know I am succeeding when my 6 year old spits an olive out into my hand!

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful advice, whatever age your children, 8 May 2014
We have a very fussy 13 yr old and, after reading this it was clear that it all went wrong years ago! However, the general concepts are still helpful especially around not focusing on the 'not-eating', and he is not complaining as much when a less familiar food appears. Wish I had had this book a long time ago though.

5.0 out of 5 stars I KNOW ITS OBVIOUS BUT WHY DO WE FEEL SO MUCH BETTER AT PLAYING TOUGH LOVE WHEN ITS WRITTEN, 21 Oct 2013
I loved this book, no recipes just straight clarification of what we instinctively know is right but hels to have it formulated into a book like this! I loved it and worked a treat just at the time my 6 month old started weaning so we all eat the same meal no more cooking multiple meals!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 24 Aug 2013
I really really like this book and feel it has been so helpful already. It all makes so much sense, but it's so good to have it all written down, because it's so easy to do all the things that are unhelpful. We had a lovely lunch today - healthy, no comments about eating, and good conversation . We've also been finding that although the children may initially complain about the food, when we don't focus on that or on whether they are eating or not, after a little while, during the meal they have eaten some of it and even liked it. It really feels like my partner and I can take the control back about what we provide, and can give the control back to the children about what they eat. I'm sure we'll all be much happier. I think it is great and revolutionary for today where almost everyone, perhaps even particularly sensitive parents, seem to struggle about food. It also seems that the book is applying to food what would make sense with a lot of areas of parenting; being clear who is in control of what which is about limits and boundaries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 29 May 2014
Great book easy reading. Very helpful advice making meal times a more enjoyable experience. Highly recommend this book to parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help, 6 May 2014
I bought this for my daughter in law who always looks for ways of improving her wonderful care for my grandson! She told me she enjoyed it and found it very helpful with some great advise

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy dip-in, dip-out book with very practical tips, 12 Mar 2014
Such a good read with top tips for taking the stress out of kids' meal times. Great Mum to Mum advice - feels like you're getting help from a friend. Would really recommend this to all parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with bags of excellent ideas, 28 Sep 2013
Great book, beautifully illustrated and easy to read, giving sensible, concise, no nonsense advice about children and food.

Amongst many of the good ideas in the book, we have enjoyed choosing new foods to try from the supermarket, and are all reaping the benefits of more relaxed mealtimes. Whether your child is a fussy eater or not (we have a mixture of both in our house), there are lots of excellent ideas to make mealtimes more fun, relaxed and interesting.

I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone with children of any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 5 Oct 2013
Bought this book a couple of weeks ago.Took me just under an hour to read and digest(!) but it's helped a lot. Now, once the food is on the table, I see it as my job is done. We talk about other stuff (not the food). I'm seeing little changes day by day. My 6 year old tried the white bit of an egg for the first time. My 11 year old took marmalade sandwiches in his lunchbox. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's a big leap forward for him because he's taken jam sandwiches every single day pretty much since he started school.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›