5.0 out of 5 stars Me and my little blighter get this
Published 20 months ago by JenT

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Tried it for months now but not having any effect on my fussy four year old.
Published 2 months ago by Mrs. N. A. Cox

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Me and my little blighter get this, 26 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Getting the Little Blighters to Eat: Change your children from fussy eaters into foodies. (Paperback)
A very quick, but highly convincing read about how so many of us get into a mess with our kids and food and how to sort it. In the month since I've read it, like other reviewers, I've found that it's helped to put the control back in my hands and reduce the constant, annoying-on-both-sides conflict I have with my daughter at the table, and makes mealtimes a much more pleasurable affair. I'm not sure she's quite a foodie yet (but then frankly, neither am I) but she's a lot more open-minded about trying new things, and I'm less anxious about preparing food to then be chucked away (after much arm-wrestling). I don't often write reviews, but this has had such a positive effect in our house that I thought I ought to share it.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, the pressure is off!, 25 Sept. 2013
The message I received, loud and clear, from Claire Potter's book, is, It's Ok! It's ok that kids don't clear their plates, it's ok that they really, really don't like beetroot, it's ok to eat with your fingers, try peanut butter, have a sip of beer! Above all, it's ok to set aside all the worry and prejudices passed down to us by our parents. It is even ok to forgive them because theirs was a different time! There ARE rules in this book - don't get me wrong - but they are clear, concise and if you follow them, you will succeed. Mealtimes will be less fraught. The nuggets of wisdom and the 'sciency bits' will empower you and the fun ideas come just often enough to enthuse you without feeling like a failure if you don't want to bother. I don't feel I am failing where feeding my kids is concerned anymore - because I know I am succeeding when my 6 year old spits an olive out into my hand!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Penny Has Dropped, 1 Feb. 2015
angela pugh (LONDON N16, GB) - See all my reviews
This book has revolutionised the way we eat in our house. It is so quick and easy to read and refer back to with each simple rule highlighted at the top of each page. We are only a couple of weeks into it and it's not like my daughter now eats everything - but the major change is in attitude. Mealtimes are now stress free - which makes all of us happy and my daughter is so much more adventurous under the new regime. She quietly tries food that she would previously have screamed at.
Maybe some mothers instinctively know this stuff already but I certainly don't fall into that camp and am so grateful this book has been written! A massive penny has dropped about the food and eating and we won't ever be going back to the way things were before.
Many thanks Claire Potter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with bags of excellent ideas, 28 Sept. 2013
Great book, beautifully illustrated and easy to read, giving sensible, concise, no nonsense advice about children and food.

Amongst many of the good ideas in the book, we have enjoyed choosing new foods to try from the supermarket, and are all reaping the benefits of more relaxed mealtimes. Whether your child is a fussy eater or not (we have a mixture of both in our house), there are lots of excellent ideas to make mealtimes more fun, relaxed and interesting.

I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone with children of any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 5 Oct. 2013
Bought this book a couple of weeks ago.Took me just under an hour to read and digest(!) but it's helped a lot. Now, once the food is on the table, I see it as my job is done. We talk about other stuff (not the food). I'm seeing little changes day by day. My 6 year old tried the white bit of an egg for the first time. My 11 year old took marmalade sandwiches in his lunchbox. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's a big leap forward for him because he's taken jam sandwiches every single day pretty much since he started school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy dip-in, dip-out book with very practical tips, 12 Mar. 2014
Such a good read with top tips for taking the stress out of kids' meal times. Great Mum to Mum advice - feels like you're getting help from a friend. Would really recommend this to all parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 29 May 2014
Great book easy reading. Very helpful advice making meal times a more enjoyable experience. Highly recommend this book to parents.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 5 Mar. 2015
Very easy read. A lot of it is common sense but sometimes having it spelt out to you makes you see where you might have been going wrong, I imagine a lot of people, like me, have lost their way, giving in for an easy life, when it comes to their kids eating habits. I recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps me on my toes, 1 Mar. 2014
I reckon a huge amount of this is common sense but reading through this helps it to fall into place and does make you notice when you fall into one of the traps. It has easy to understand "rules" and I am really pleased with it].

4.0 out of 5 stars Although this book does not give any recipes or earth ..., 18 Feb. 2015
Although this book does not give any recipes or earth shattering information, it supports you in making you make the right decisions when your child is a fussy eater. I found this book to be helpful.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›