Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 May 2013
If you are interested in cycling or sport in general, then this is a must read.
I have just finished chapter six and can't wait to continue.
Herbie Sykes writes in a way that you can imagine having a pint with him and listening to the story of the Giro.
On the back cover Bicycling Magazine have quoted "A phenomonal, entertaining and beautiful book"
Whoever wrote that, nailed it.
Buy it!

The above was posted mid May.
I have just finished the final chapter and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
I was holding back on the final chapters because I did not want it to end!
Ci vediamo li.
on 28 January 2015
Quite possibly the best cycling book I have read. I had considered buying this book for a year or so before doing so, the articles written by Herbie Sykes in Pro Cycling magazine convincing me to do so. He really does bring the characters to life, telling the history of the giro in a very engaging and highly entertaining manner. There is some very good scene setting so that the Giro is set in the political and cultural landscape to help set the race into the realities for Italians through the ages. It is all carried off with good humour and a ready wit.
on 5 June 2014
This book goes to prove that the Giro is a tougher race than Le Tour. The "spring" weather does not make way for wimps - anyone who finishes this "Grand Epreuve" deserves a medal.
VINE VOICEon 14 December 2014
One of my favourite cycling reads. This book will fuel your passion for the sport.
on 23 April 2015
Great book
on 13 December 2013
Bought as a present for a family member for Christmas. Looks OK, delivery was well within the stated time but was left in the open by the front door.