Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 October 2014
both my son and I like this book. My son preformed in We Lost Elijah on stage for National Connections 2013 @ Northern Stage Newcastle and we watched the other plays which are also very good. If you're young, doing acting degree and need contemporary plays that are for your age group (young adults - 13 + National Connections Plays are a good place to look for both monologues and duologue's.
on 30 April 2013
I purchased this anthology of plays because I have a 17 year old about to go into studying to be an actor. I thought it would be a good way to introduce him to lots of well known contemporary playwrights, with the added twist that these plays are meant to be relevant to 13-19 year olds. They are commissioned by a special project called Connections run by the National Theatre to give young actors a supply of plays written especially for them. Many of the authors get involved in workshops attended by young people, or involved in youth drama groups to find out what is relevant to them see [...]

My son loves the plays and I'd recommend them to anyone interested in this niche area, whether as an actor, writer or other associated fields.
on 9 August 2013
As always there are a selection of plays written specifically for teens. Good variety to choose from and some interesting subject matters.
on 8 September 2014
Modern plays . Book loved by my 17 year old daughter.