5.0 out of 5 stars A really insightful and informative read
Published 2 months ago by Bee

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but nothing mind-blowing
Good and some interesting insight into some athletes that I admire. However having read around sports psychology, I didn't find there was anything too new in this book
Published 26 days ago by Nicholas

5.0 out of 5 stars A really insightful and informative read, 4 Jun 2014
I've been training and racing Ironman for a few years now and have always struggled with the mental side of the sport. Over the years I've taken a look at a few books on the subject and thought I'd try this one based on it offering athlete perspectives (with a load of people I've heard of). I have to say, it's really helped. The stories from some of the pros are really insightful and inspiring, and I took away a load of advice that has really helped me when things are getting tough. I'd definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to improve the mental side of their performance - or learn from some really amazing athletes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not exceptional, 30 Jun 2014
A good format for reading the thoughts of pro athletes. Well put together. Don't think it is giving me any ground breaking new thinking, but worth a read. Some great photographs.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book - it was so inspiring, 14 Aug 2014
Elizabeth Stoppelmoor (England) - See all my reviews
I loved this book - it was so inspiring. I've read it more than once now and I'd really recommend it to anyone who's looking into the mental side of sport - not necessarily ultra sport (I am a sprinter) but generally.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but nothing mind-blowing, 1 Aug 2014

Ultra Performance: The Psychology of Endurance Sports
Ultra Performance: The Psychology of Endurance Sports by Paul Moore (Paperback - 10 April 2014)
13.59