5.0 out of 5 stars Replacing an old friend.
Published 20 months ago by Geema B113.

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use on Kindle
Bought this - really looking forward to out-shining my wife at crosswords. Unfortunately, weeks later, I still have not fathomed how to use the Kindle version.
Published 5 months ago by PAB

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacing an old friend., 24 April 2013
This review is from: Crossword Lists & Crossword Solver: Over 100,000 Potential Solutions Including Technical Terms, Place Names and Compound Expressions (Paperback)
I bought this to replace the 1982 version I had, which I have used almost every day since I got it, but which is now literally disintegrating, (despite my efforts with the Selotape over the years,) as it has been used so regularly. The new version is of course even better, with more comprehensive lists and also some new categories. I am very much enjoying finding my way around this new book and discovering the new features it contains. I have always regarded my original purchase as one of the best book buys I have ever made. It contains such a wealth of easily accessible information, which I have used during the process setting Trivia Quiz questions, as well as for the more usual everyday crossword solving purpose. I am sure that this new book will more than compensate for the demise of my old 'friend'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference tool, 30 Nov 2012
I am really pleased with this book, originally I was just looking for a thesaurus and came across this on my search. What a lucky find! Not just for crosswords this is an excellent source of info...listings from Nobel winners to Kings and Queens. I will now be ordering more copies for friends and family!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT REF BOOK, 27 July 2012
I purchased this book but when it arrived I thought this is not what I wanted, then I sat down and scaned though it and what every home should have, this book is great all you want to know in one book thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it regularly, 6 Jan 2013
I had a copy of this book that I bought 20yrs ago and it was falling to pieces. I bought this hoping it would have been updated and indeed it has. I use it for helping to solve crosswords but it goes much further than that and, when I was setting a quiz for a family quiz this Christmas I was able to use it to find the answers! Very very useful

5.0 out of 5 stars crossword list and solver, 25 Feb 2013
excellent it has everything you could ask for in it, not just a solver but a mind of information, i`m so impressed with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help, 19 Sep 2013
Easy to read and find the information you require. Crosswords can be oblique and this book gives puzzlers a lot of help.

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use on Kindle, 25 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Nor just sun cream for my holidays !, 3 Aug 2014
Something essential for the holidays
I love my crosswords - both cryptic and general knowledge.
I adore my Spanish holidays - but still love my crosswords.
This is a great help. No need for loads of books - everything that I need is here.
Recommended to everyone with similar intrests

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Useful, 6 Jun 2014
Malcontent (Abingdon Oxon) - See all my reviews
My wife regularly uses the paperback version of this book and I wondered whether a Kindle version would be more convenient when in our touring caravan. I loaded it onto an old Kindle and also onto a Kindle Paperwhite so that I could learn how to use it. As you might expect there are no instructions and it helps if you already know how the contents are organised. Using it on a plain old Kindle was pretty difficult, but once you have worked out how to do it the Paperwhite loaded one works very well indeed.

4.0 out of 5 stars useful, 28 May 2014
Lynne Bradley (Eccles. Manchester) - See all my reviews
I am just getting used to using this book, it should come with instructions! I have only used the lists so far, they are quite comprehensive.