5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference tool
I am really pleased with this book, originally I was just looking for a thesaurus and came across this on my search. What a lucky find! Not just for crosswords this is an excellent source of info...listings from Nobel winners to Kings and Queens. I will now be ordering more copies for friends and family!
Published 16 months ago by Kerrie

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version
Not as useful as I was hoping. Have found other books more useful. It could do with a more flexible indexing system for searching on kindle and a really extended thesaurus.
Published 18 hours ago by Sally G

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference tool, 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: Crossword Lists & Crossword Solver: Over 100,000 Potential Solutions Including Technical Terms, Place Names and Compound Expressions (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT REF BOOK, 27 July 2012
I purchased this book but when it arrived I thought this is not what I wanted, then I sat down and scaned though it and what every home should have, this book is great all you want to know in one book thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacing an old friend., 24 April 2013
I bought this to replace the 1982 version I had, which I have used almost every day since I got it, but which is now literally disintegrating, (despite my efforts with the Selotape over the years,) as it has been used so regularly. The new version is of course even better, with more comprehensive lists and also some new categories. I am very much enjoying finding my way around this new book and discovering the new features it contains. I have always regarded my original purchase as one of the best book buys I have ever made. It contains such a wealth of easily accessible information, which I have used during the process setting Trivia Quiz questions, as well as for the more usual everyday crossword solving purpose. I am sure that this new book will more than compensate for the demise of my old 'friend'.

5.0 out of 5 stars crossword list and solver, 25 Feb 2013
excellent it has everything you could ask for in it, not just a solver but a mind of information, i`m so impressed with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it regularly, 6 Jan 2013
I had a copy of this book that I bought 20yrs ago and it was falling to pieces. I bought this hoping it would have been updated and indeed it has. I use it for helping to solve crosswords but it goes much further than that and, when I was setting a quiz for a family quiz this Christmas I was able to use it to find the answers! Very very useful

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help, 19 Sep 2013
Easy to read and find the information you require. Crosswords can be oblique and this book gives puzzlers a lot of help.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version, 18 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy book to have, 6 April 2014
Great book almost every list you need to help with crossword solving. Really useful and helps with general knowledge as well! Would recommend to a friend in fact I bought one for my Mum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wantd, 25 Mar 2014
Still learning how to use the product, but with practice I am sure it do everything I require Tghankd again

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good but it takes a bit of getting used to., 4 Mar 2014
This book was recommended to me by my sister so I went stright on to Amazon to get it. Initially, I was slow to find what I wanted but with a bit of practice it's brilliant.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›