5.0 out of 5 stars Really clear book
Published 9 months ago by Rachael Fraser

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed!
I thought this book was going to be really interesting having read other reviews. Unfortunately, it just reiterates the same old ideas about what plus size ladies can/can not wear.
Published 1 month ago by N. Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars Really clear book, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Dressmaking to Flatter Your Shape (Paperback)
I bought my copy from Lorna herself, and have attended some of her workshops. She is the first teacher who has been able to explain clearly to me how to make clothes for my 'apple' shape. I find her work to be of a very high standard and to be sympathetic to someone like me (age 60, and told at school my sewing was useless) but nevertheless having sewn since my 30s. However, I never understood things like how I could alter a commercial dress pattern for my shape - until I met Lorna and bought this book to refer to. I would highly recommend this as a go-to book. It's really clear.

4.0 out of 5 stars For Real Women Everywhere, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Dressmaking to Flatter Your Shape (Paperback)
I first saw this in my local Library and decided that it would be simpler to purchase rather than to keep renewing, especially as others wanted it too. If you have a luscious, curvy bod and want great fitting clothes then this is for you. And if you're lumpy and bumpy like the majority of us it's still for you. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars simple & easy to follow, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Dressmaking to Flatter Your Shape (Paperback)
Like the way it is set out, easy to follow and using to show my teenage daughter how she cover up/draw attention away from her 'worst' bits

5.0 out of 5 stars It is brilliant. It is well presented and easy to understand, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Dressmaking to Flatter Your Shape (Paperback)
This is the third book I have bought to help me learn the tecniques of fitting so that my dressmaking will look professional. Each book had something to offer but if I had to buy just one this is definately the book I would buy. It is brilliant. It is well presented and easy to understand. I would definately recommend it if you are aiming for a flattering fit and a professional finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars I found it an excellent resource! Not only did it help out my ..., 6 July 2014
This review is from: Dressmaking to Flatter Your Shape (Paperback)
I bought this book to try and help out a friend who is a pear shape and has a lot of trouble finding trousers to fit. I found it an excellent resource! Not only did it help out my friend's fitting problems, it covers every fitting problem that there is!

It's an easy book to read, the instructions are clear and concise.

4.0 out of 5 stars essential information to achieve a good fit, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Dressmaking to Flatter Your Shape (Paperback)
I found this book to be easy to understand the diagrams are very helpful and assist the text infirmation. This will help me achieve a good fit to my clothes for my curvy rectangular figure. Very helpful suggestions for styles to consider for each figure type.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed!, 13 Aug 2014
N. Bailey (Uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: Dressmaking to Flatter Your Shape (Paperback)
very clear directions and illustrations. it proves we are not all the same shape!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Book very good but had to send back as faulty, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Dressmaking to Flatter Your Shape (Paperback)
Book very good but had to send back as faulty - I had about twenty repeated pages and a whole chunk missing - however the book seems very good so I intend re-ordering

Dressmaking to Flatter Your Shape
Dressmaking to Flatter Your Shape by Lorna Knight (Paperback - 27 Sep 2012)