5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Check Your English Vocabulary for IELTS: Essential words and phrases to help you maximise your IELTS score (Paperback)
I consider mysel to have an advanced level of English, however the 2 times I presented IELTS (years ago) I found that my weakests point was the writing test.
In order to do a quick review to identify my pain points I completed all the exercies of this book 2 weeks before taking the IELTS, I worked on this daily and dedicated ~4hrs during weekend days. It was worthwile, it helped me to boost my confidence on my knowledge (I have 1 maybe 2 mistakes per excercise) and the structure helped me to identify the areas where I needed more work.
After doing this, I worked with the Cambridge Grammar for IELTS Student's Book with Answers and Audio CD to review only the areas of improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy to own one!, 14 Oct. 2013
I had an earlier version of this book which was borrowed and never returned. I was very pleased to get this copy and am using it all the time with ESOL and native speakers alike. Worth its weight in gold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential book for anyone taking IELTs, 30 Jun. 2007
My students have appreciated the extra help from this book. It is easy to use, and a great starter for vocabulary when tackling a new topic.

4.0 out of 5 stars this was a really useful book. I used it for teaching my first ..., 1 April 2015
this was a really useful book. I used it for teaching my first IELTS student, and it's great for homework - useful vocab for essays eg 'descending' fluctuating' etc for graphs, another section on the environment, another on crime and legal terms, generally a lot of vocabulary sets that will help in improving essay writing. Each section has one or two at most pages of testing eg gap fills, chossing the right meaning from a selection, and so forth, so I found it ideal to photocopy a page for homework, and then go through it in class afterwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 20 Oct. 2013
the book is quite new and nothing had been written in it. it is a nice book for students to buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 25 Jan. 2013
There is no theory but all exercises and this is, in my opinion, an excellent way to improve your vocabulary provided yours is already wide. However, if you don't know the grammar well enough, this book isn't going to be of help.
The best thing you'll get from this book is nuances on how to express yourself in everyday situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 26 Mar. 2013
I think it is a good tool to improve the vocabulary, and expressions.
I recommend it to prepare the IELTS exam or whatever.
I don't like to write this information, I this it should be optional.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 20 Aug. 2014
I have used an earlier edition - really like this book. The materials are useful for testing - or for homework, for weaker students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Feb. 2015
this vocabulary book is perfect!i really love it.really helpful and includes different domains and variety of words.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best IELTS vocabulary book, 10 Mar. 2015
Its fantastic book.I really recommend it to other.