5.0 out of 5 stars You CAN understand phonics!, 22 Aug. 2011
Parents in Touch - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Parent's Survival Guide to Phonics and Spelling: Help Your Child Through the Phonics Maze! (Paperback)
This is an excellent guide for all parents who would like to understand more about phonics and the way reading is taught in schools, written by a well-established author of educational books. Parents are anxious to help their children, but many do not understand the terms used and how to apply phonics teaching at home. This book can help, as it shows parents what children will learn in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, enabling them to support their children in a progressive manner. The Letters and Sounds programme is clearly described without too much detail - just enough to help. At the end of the book is an extremely useful selection of word lists for spelling practice. An really practical book, clearly laid out and covering all the key concepts, which I recommend to all parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for all parents!!!, 18 Jun. 2012
When my daughter started in Reception last year i quickly started to struggle with phonics, I am 30 and the phonics way seems so different to the way i learnt to spell and read - i needed help!
I went to my local library and discovered this book, for me it was a god send, after renewing the book from the library numerous times the last time i went to renew i was told that somebody else wanted to loan it so on arriving home i finally brought it. I can now say that i understand phonics and i can help my daughter in a way that she can now understand me. I cant recommend this book enough......

5.0 out of 5 stars Good explanation, 15 May 2013
Makes it clear and easy to understand the curiculum.Lucy my kids picked up the phonics fast at school so I did not needed to use the book much but it helped me too get true the innitial shock of schooling my kids in the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent & straightforward., 29 Sept. 2014
Really impressive and simple guidebook for parents. I'm a teacher and I'm surprised I haven't seen more of this book. Very informative for parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book for a lost parent, 13 Sept. 2013
I found this book very useful and have been able to make sense out of it all and help my son with his Reading.