Format: PaperbackChange

on 20 December 2013
I lke this book for my little girl although its a little old for her at the moment she will most definately benefit from it soon. The illustrations are very nice and it is informative but still manages to do so in short sentences so as not to bore a small child. Very good buy.
on 27 August 2014
My little boy developed a fear / fascination for all things winged and buzzy so I bought this in attempt to promote the fascination rather than the fear. He is really interested and we often pore over it together or try to identify any little beasties that we find. It features most of the insects and creepy crawlies you might find in your garden or out on a walk. It's illustrated by bright photography and has child friendly descriptions.
on 21 August 2013
Great introduction to my 3 year old who likes collecting bugs. Good detailed colour illustrations and we have been capturing and cross referencing with this book!

Recommended.
on 23 December 2013
This book maybe the start of a life long interest for a child in our insect world.
Just big enough to put into a pocket, when we go out exploring the undergrowth.
on 21 July 2013
My little boy is four and is obsessed with bugs. We bought it for him with a magnifiying glass and it was his favourite present. Lovely clear images with just the right amount of text for a 4-7 year old.
on 28 May 2012
Got this for my little boy, who is learning about mini beasts at playgroup. He needed to take facts or pictures in for his Show 'n' Tell, it was such a good price, I thought i'd order it. My little boy loves it, his playgroup asked if they could borrow it for a couple of weeks, apparently all the other kids loved it, great book!
on 15 December 2012
Bought as a present for my 6 year old nephew who spent several hours pond dipping in our garden in the Summer- this is to use next year. Good clear illustrations will help him identify what he catches!
on 18 August 2013
Bought as a gift for my 6 year old granddaughter who is fascinated by the little creatures she finds in the garden. She really enjoys looking them all up.
on 17 July 2013
I got this book for my great-nephews. The boys are 5, and 3 years old, and carry their "Beastie" books with them everywhere they go. They even take them to bed, at night. The 3-year-old, will definitely be the next David Attenborough.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 November 2012
This is a great little book for any tiny nature explorers. It's detailed but not so detailed as to scare a 5 year old off! My son loves looking at the pictures in this book and learning about the minibeasts in our garden. Great value.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse