5.0 out of 5 stars the perfect next steps!!!
Hi, Last year I bought the first book (knitty gritty for absolute beginners) and I have knit almost all the projects of the first book.
Published 22 months ago by pepa

3.0 out of 5 stars Patterns are great, quality of the book, not so much
I loved the first book so was very excited to hear a second one was being published. After multiple date changes and delays in publication the book finally arrived this week. The projects look fab and I can't wait to get started - but the finish of the book is poor. It is not hardback as stated and there are a number of typos (the most notable being in the 'Note to...
Published on 26 Oct 2012 by J. Clarke

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars the perfect next steps!!!, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps (Paperback)
So I was looking forward for the 2nd one. And now I have it, and wow, it's really next steps whith some more difficult projects but very easily explained!! So I've learnt how to knit in the round for example and have just finished a lovely hat!!

and I've knit a lot of Christmas Trees for my friends and family and I've started a cardigan I knit whilst I knit other 'little' projects, because a cardigan is a biiigggggg project (at least for me) so I thank Aneeta very much for the 1st and 2nd book!!!

I'm Spanish and my mother tongue is not English but no problem at all! It's all explained step by step. But if you haven't knit before I recomend you to start with the first one because you can soon be finishing a lot of projects proudly knitted by you!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but missing, 31 Oct 2012
This review is from: Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps (Paperback)
This is a great book for someone who can knit but has never knitted anything to finish. I discovered the first steps book, which gave me skills I had never learnt, and then purchased this before release. I think it is a terrific book, but currently I am in the process of returning my copy and buying another copy as mine is missing 10 pages in the stitch libary. Do check those who have bought theirs already as I had this book 2 weeks before I noticed. For me pages 144 to 154 were missing. Dont let it put you off though - really great book for knitting I have almost finished one side of a jumper and it is the most perfect I have ever managed as these books have given me the skills to save the mistakes and nightmares that happen - like a kitten biting through your wool half way through a row!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another easy-to-understand book, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps (Paperback)
Clear photographs and easy to understand instructions. Now I'll be able to finish a cardigan I started last year! Some nice little projects. Fancy some socks for next winter.

4.0 out of 5 stars The next steps, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps (Paperback)
I did buy this for someone for Christmas who had just started knitting. I liked it as it is English and very easy to read and good pictures showing how thing where done.

4.0 out of 5 stars moving on, 23 Nov 2012
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps (Paperback)
Aneeta's back to teach us the next steps in her knitting masterclass. This is a professionally produced book with clear instructions and photos that should enable you to improve on the basics of knitting. It includes basic techniques, decreasing and increasing, different ways of casting off and finishing techniques. It also includes two-colour knitting, working in the round and short row shaping. Discover fun stitches such as loop, bobble, cable and more. Help, hints and professional know-how are at hand. There are lots of projects suitable for beginners. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.

5.0 out of 5 stars feedback, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps (Paperback)
This is a must have for any knitters, from your novices and avid ones too!! it's the one book every knitter should have in her or his knitting library!! I cannot highly recommend this enough!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tells me everything I need to know, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps (Paperback)
I love these books! I'm a beginner and the 2 knitty gritty books have become my knitting bible! I'm constantly referring to them when I'm working on other projects, because I can understand the way things are explained in here. They give just enough detail so that you understand without getting confused. There are also lots of handy hints and ways to remember things (I love the "Soup and Scoop" motto for increasing.) I don't want to do all the projects in there but the ones I've done have come out really well and I've used it as a reference for when I'm knitting other patterns that aren't the book. If ever I come across something I don't know how to do, I just look it up in these books. Hope she writes some more (although there isn't much more to cover) because I honestly don't think I could have learned how to knit without these books!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 10 May 2014
S. L. Mccormick "sesmac" (colchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps (Paperback)
this is a fantastic book for newish knitters. It explains the next steps - adding pattern, using circular needles, different ways to cast on really well. It has some great patterns in that are explained very well making it good practice for when you get patterns that aren't! Some of the patterns knit up really quickly which is good for the beginner who wants to try everything to find their favourite style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps (Paperback)
After reading the reviews on the Knittygritty books for beginners & this one, I decided to buy this book as I was already familier with casting on & off & plain & pearl & have done some easy patterns in the past, but a long time ago. I never learned how to do cable & knitting on the round etc, so this book seemed ideal as I now want to take up knitting again & learn some new techniques. This book is wonderful as it explains everything so clearly & with accompaning pictures & diagrams to show you exactly how each technique is done. I don't think I will knit all the projects as they are not all for me, but they are a good way to practice a new technique. The patterns are easy to follow with explanations all the way. I am very pleased with this book & feel this was the right one for my level of knitting knowledge. As soon as I have visited my local wool shop to buy wool & needles I am looking forward to getting going & extending my knitting skills beyond those of basic knitter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant yet again!, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps (Paperback)
After buying the first book it was a given I would buy the 2nd. Cannot wait to get stuck in :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps
Knitty Gritty:The Next Steps by Aneeta Patel (Paperback - 1 Nov 2012)