5.0 out of 5 stars Very Readable
Published on 18 Aug 2011 by David Harris

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent it back - Disapointed
Bought this around the same time I joined Slimbridge. However I don't watch broadcast TV in the UK and just didn't get understand the book at all so sent it back. I thought since the subject interested me i would still enjoy the book but that wasn't the case. Disappointed.
Published 23 months ago by Jason R. Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Readable, 18 Aug 2011
David Harris - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble (Paperback)
Over the years I have had many "Bird Books" to try and identify birds on my visits to Nature Reserves. This is by far the most readable as well as being informative and giving helpful tips. It is written in a casual friendly style that makes you want to read it as well as using it to look up a bird you have seen to try and identify it. There are lots of very good photographs to assist in identification. I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watching Waterbirds, 21 Oct 2011
actionman023 (Leyland England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble (Paperback)
I found out about this book from watching Autumn Watch 2011 so I decided to purchase from Amazon, I have to say the book is not for beginners but for everybody it is superbly written and describes each topic in easy to understand detail, having read the first few pages I just could not put it down it was and is magnificent. Most books are the same at describing the different birds has the run of the mill way but this is a real pleasure to pick up and read and it get's you more involved with Birdwatching and the hobby, a very big thank you should go out to the authors for this joint effort and I am certain potential junior birdwatchers will take the hobby up for life. Well Done

5.0 out of 5 stars Watching Waterbirds, 30 May 2011
This review is from: Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble (Paperback)
I had requested this item before it was available but was pleased that it arrived so promptly after. It is an excellent introduction to anyone interested in birds. The language is easy to read and understand and makes you want to learn more!

J Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars Watching Waterbirds, 18 Aug 2011
This review is from: Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble (Paperback)
This is an absolutely excellent book, clearly documenting the essentials for identifying waterbirds, and demonstrating how simple it can be with appropriate pointers. Although I thought I knew quite a lot about water birds, this has given me an amazing amount more insight and interest in them.

4.0 out of 5 stars A waterfowl book!, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble (Paperback)
Just the type of book I needed with clear explanations on how to differentiate between one waterbird and the next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, lots of helpful information, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble (Paperback)
The style of writing, humour, and wonderful photos make the information in this book very accessible, especially for beginners. Much easier to read than many bird watching guides.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just right for my needs, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble (Paperback)
As a casual, rather than serious birdwatcher, I found this book easy to carry around with me on days out, when I thought it might come in handy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good overview for a novice birdwatcher, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble (Paperback)
A book which can help you rapidly find your feet in the tricky task of waterbird bird identification. Have a browse before a waterside trip and you'll be suprised by just how much you've learnt and can apply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watching Watetbirds with Kate Humble, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble (Paperback)
Excellent book, great reference for bird spotting, this book is used widely at theWetlands Wildfowl centre in Welney. Where we first saw and used it in their hides.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble (Paperback)
Love this book as I recently joined the Wetlands Trust and the book was very expensive on site but now I have my copy. Many thanks good fast service.:)

Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble
Watching Waterbirds with Kate Humble by Martin McGill (Paperback - 20 April 2011)