5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Book, 3 Aug. 2010
This review is from: 101 Dance Ideas Age 5-11 (DVD)
I pre-ordered this book a few weeks ago and having now received it I'm so excited to use it during the new term. I teach year 3 and am always trying to find new things to do with them during PE. I've often wanted to try some dance but haven't had the confidence so am really pleased with this book. The photographs and step by step instructions are great and the DVD helps me see whether what I'm doing is the right thing. We need more teaching resources that are as helpful and unpatronising as this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: 101 Dance Ideas Age 5-11 (DVD)
Apparently at work I enjoy PE. Apparently it is obvious. Honestly, I dread it, I act a good act for the children and am very thankful for the training courses I have been on. Sadly I have run out of dance ideas and it's hard when you have a mixed age class with a 2 year rolling programme and can't repeat last year's great lessons. I can't use my ks2 ideas with my little ones.
So, that's why I bought this, and I'm so glad I did. My dance lessons so far have been creative, almost 'movement to music' like (water, people who help us, toy box) and this book is nothing like those!!!!
It is full, crammed full, of basic dance steps. Actual dance steps with beat counts, music suggestions, step by step instructions...it's just so easy AND I haven't even looked at the DVD yet.
I'm looking forward to planning a really fun, heart racing unit of dance for next term...so I can keep up the pretence that I enjoy and am good at PE!
I cannot recommend this book enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tips., 20 Oct. 2010
This review is from: 101 Dance Ideas Age 5-11 (DVD)
As a trainee teacher, I found this book very helpful when planning for a PE/dance lesson whilst on my school placement. It gave me useful tips and boosted my confidence to teach dance. The instructions were clear to follow and with the aid of the pictures and the DVD I was able to understand and relay this to the children. The children thoroughly enjoyed their lesson and it is defiantly something i shall continue to use during my training and through my career as a teacher.

101 Dance Ideas Age 5-11
101 Dance Ideas Age 5-11 by Roger Hurn (DVD - 1 Aug. 2010)