5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirations is the key word
I am a novice in this field and was looking for ideas. This book has them aplenty. I did not like the look of all the projects but they have certainly inspired me to try some different techniques, giving them my own slant. In my opinion exactly what this type of book should do. Also has good practical advice regarding kiln use.
Published on 22 Jun 2010 by HeyJude156

3.0 out of 5 stars Inspirations in Kiln Formed Glass
The projects are interesting but most require a bigger kiln than I possess, having said that the technology is sound and the book well written..
Published 2 months ago by Roadrunner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirations is the key word, 22 Jun 2010
This review is from: Inspirations in Kiln-formed Glass: 25 Projects for Fusing and Slumping (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational, 9 Jun 2010
Mr. R. Sixsmith "R Sixsmith MBE" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a very good beginners overview of glass slumping & fusing plus dichroic .It leads you through all stages of glass working in an easy to understand format .Good first time projects ,a excellent buy for new workers in this medium
Good guide to kiln settings giving good results right away

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 20 Oct 2010
If your hesitating about buying this, dont! Just buy it, youll be doing yourself a favour Its one of the best glass fusing books I own, and I constantly refer to it. Lots and lots of inspiration that can easily and readily be translated into ideas that will sell very well, esp the project on glass christmas ornaments at this time of year.
Lovely colourful pics and good section on firing schedules

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 14 Mar 2011
What a beautiful book. Lots of photos to show you just how easy it is to start glass fusing. You could apply the ideas to lots of other crafts too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 29 Mar 2010
This book certainly deserves its 5 stars, beautiful and unusual projects with excellent photographs and descriptions to help you follow the projects. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Feb 2010
I am quite new to this art form and found this book to be easy to read, informative and inspirational. A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glass fusing book, 24 Aug 2011
My book arrived today and I have just spent a pleasant hour glancing through it. It is a well laid out book, with lots of large full colour pictures, as well as step by step colour pictures. The text is straightforward and easy to understand, and the instructions are clear too.
An excellent book with a good level of knowledge for both beginners and those who have done a few pieces before. I will definitely be following some of the ideas to create similar pieces with my own slant to them.
Don't hesitate if you are looking for a book on fusing to inspire you. This one is an absolute bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent beginner's book, 19 Nov 2012
E. Goodall (SE England) - See all my reviews
I've been doing a beginner's course in fused glass and was running out of inspiration - this book is full of it and has a good variety of projects, starting with simple but elegant coasters that anyone with the basic tools can make and gradually progressing to more complicated and interesting pieces. None of the projects feel so far out of reach that I couldn't anticipate being able to achieve them with a bit of practice. I've tried several of them out with good results. I took the book along to my class and everyone was very enthusiastic about the projects, saying they really liked the layout of the book, the way the projects are set out in clear stages with photographs and the tools you need listed for each one. Highly recommended for the beginner.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 21 May 2012
A well presented book but I feel it is aimed more at the experienced rather than a beginner as the emphasis is on projects rather than the basics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition, 5 Oct 2011
What a great little book this one seems to be! Lovely sections regarding glass choice, inclusions, firing, COE and basic cutting. They are short and sweet, to the point and informative. I like books like this, I really don't lots lots of waffle as I have a short attention span.

There are 25 projects in total, ranging from coasters, wall hangings, pendants and bowls. The wall hanging section seems to be weirdly long, lots of designs in it, depriving the jewellery section which has a couple of things in it. I feel a bit let down on this but I suppose I can use all of the techniques to come up with my own ideas. I am a jewellery maker/crafter so this is easy for me but if you are a complete beginner, then you will struggle a bit I think. 4 stars instead of 5.......

I like the bright, contemporary designs inside, they are not whimsical nonsense at all, unlike some old fashioned taste that is out there. I can really see my designs being helped along by the inspirational feel, especially by the awesome inclusions of metal, paints and yummy frit.

If you like the idea of messing about with glass and feel and crafty, I would recommend this to you. A great price too :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›