Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Kindle

Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 September 2012
I can not remember how I learnt about this book but I am glad that I did and I am glad that I bought it.

A lot of the other books I looked into whilst trying to learn more about decals were written a while ago and from what I could see they did not reflect the options open to hobbyist potter today. This book covers the current options available, and it provides insights that help with producing a decal and applying it.

The author clearly writes from an academic background and perspective, but don't let this put you off. Kevin Petrie demonstrates a wealth of knowledge and experience that he shares in this book. The book delves into the very technical detailing different types of decal production methods and history. The photographs of peoples work he includes demonstrate well the subjects he describes and they are also inspirational.

All in all this book has something for everyone. If your looking for a technical book its here. If you are looking for ideas and inspiration its here. The amount of knowledge Kevin makes available here is amazing and well worth the money.
on 16 April 2012
I am glad I have bought this book for the technical know how and discovering different techniques but it doesnt really tell you how to do it yourself. I am still getting my cups produced at printed.com.
on 14 March 2014
probably adequate as a diploma research text but not a how to by any means. Disappointing as it inspires you to have a go without giving you the capabilities. Refers to another book, but i didn't find that one any good either. :-(
on 7 February 2015
A good modern take on transfer printing. Refreshing and inspiring. Thank you
on 30 December 2015
expected more info on how to produce for clay work
on 12 December 2015
Good but not yet fully read
on 6 August 2015