5.0 out of 5 stars Decals and more
I can not remember how I learnt about this book but I am glad that I did and I am glad that I bought it.

Published on 7 Sept. 2012 by IanInBradford

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good 'to do' book
I am glad I have bought this book for the technical know how and discovering different techniques but it doesnt really tell you how to do it yourself. I am still getting my cups produced at printed.com.
Published on 16 April 2012 by tracy88

5.0 out of 5 stars Decals and more, 7 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Ceramic Transfer Printing (New Ceramics) (Paperback)

A lot of the other books I looked into whilst trying to learn more about decals were written a while ago and from what I could see they did not reflect the options open to hobbyist potter today. This book covers the current options available, and it provides insights that help with producing a decal and applying it.

The author clearly writes from an academic background and perspective, but don't let this put you off. Kevin Petrie demonstrates a wealth of knowledge and experience that he shares in this book. The book delves into the very technical detailing different types of decal production methods and history. The photographs of peoples work he includes demonstrate well the subjects he describes and they are also inspirational.

All in all this book has something for everyone. If your looking for a technical book its here. If you are looking for ideas and inspiration its here. The amount of knowledge Kevin makes available here is amazing and well worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good 'to do' book, 16 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Ceramic Transfer Printing (New Ceramics) (Paperback)
A good modern take on transfer printing. Refreshing and inspiring. Thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars good overview/academic text, 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Ceramic Transfer Printing (New Ceramics) (Paperback)
probably adequate as a diploma research text but not a how to by any means. Disappointing as it inspires you to have a go without giving you the capabilities. Refers to another book, but i didn't find that one any good either. :-(

Ceramic Transfer Printing (New Ceramics)
Ceramic Transfer Printing (New Ceramics) by Kevin Petrie (Paperback - 30 Jan. 2011)