Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 September 2013
Really useful & has really helped me think of new games to keep it interesting for my pupils in my swimming classes.

This book is a bit better for older children/more confident swimmers than really young - although there are still some good ideas in there for real beginners (although a lot are based around a pool with a beach style gradient leading in, unfortunately we do not have this).

I bought this book after borrowing from my library for far too long - I would definitely recommend it.
on 17 February 2014
For me, not enough games here that I'd actually use with kids. On the plus side, the authors are very well qualified to suggest activities that build aquatic skills, so no doubt kids would develop water confidence and ability by doing them.
on 4 September 2010
Very useful book for extra ideas for swimming lessons and clubs. For all swim teachers and helpers.
on 2 June 2013
I take the non swimmers as part of our yearly year four pe curriculum, the book is full of fantastic ideas on how to make it fun. It's in the activities that I use from these books that I see the children's progress, when they are not necessarily concentrating on how they are swimming and more on the activity or game we are playing. It is alway by my side when planning my weekly swimming lesson !
on 13 February 2015
Very good ideas for games and I really like that put pictures in the book too, helps to see what way the games are played. It also covers other topics as well as games, which is an added bonus.
on 19 March 2013
I am happy with that book as useful tool for coaching swimming to learning some jargons :D
I recommend everybody to buy this
Buy now
on 13 February 2013
I am a swimming teacher looking for ideas to help with my pimary classes and the games are easey to learn etc.
on 10 January 2016
Very useful for ideas to help with teaching
on 20 February 2015
Great book! I definitelly recommend!
on 13 July 2015
Good ideas and will be useful.