5.0 out of 5 stars Quality writing
What can I say? Arthur Miller is a must read for anyone who wants to understand how a playwright constructs a play. Death of a Salesman is probably the most accssesible play here-but the Crucible is a good read too.
Published on 1 Mar 2009 by Mr. A. R. Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Grubby
The book had too many written notes on the text. They were in ball-point,so couldn't be erased.This applies to "Death of a Salesman".
Published 9 months ago by sheila robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality writing, 1 Mar 2009
Mr. A. R. Brown "antov100" (uk-bristol) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Miller Plays 1: All My Sons, Death of a Salesman, The Crucible, A Memory of Two Mondays, A View from the Bridge (World Classics): "All My Sons", ... Two Mondays", A "View from the Bridge" v. 1 (Paperback)
this is brilliant, and a must for all arthur miller fans! it includes all of his major and well-known plays, which are all fantastic. the book is lovely too, with a beautiful picture and cover. i am very happy with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars All the classics., 2 Sep 2010
Arthur Blenkinsop (Lanarkshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This set contains all Miller's truly great plays. Opinions vary but, apart from A Memory of Two Mondays (which is still interesting), every play in this set is a major masterpiece. Death of a Salesman is regarded by many as the greatest American play ever but the other 3 full-length plays aren't so very far behind. There is also an excellent 50+ page introduction by Miller himself. This was the collection that made me fall in love with Miller's writing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Grubby, 19 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Arthur Miller - that is all., 10 Dec 2012
Ms. Fiona Allen "catlover" (edinburgh, uk) - See all my reviews
For my money, Arthur Miller is the master of 20th century writers in the English language, and these are some of his finest works, in one collection. Even if you don't particularly care for drama, they actually read quite well as short stories, just with a different layout. Unsurpassed artistry.

4.0 out of 5 stars A joy to read, 17 Sep 2000
By A Customer
Out of all the plays which are in this book, A View from the Bridge has to be my favourite. Miller writes about family conflict, betrayal and love. Each time I read the play my views of Eddie change, is he an over protective family man or is he a man obsessed with power? Alfieri, the lawyer acts as a dramatic device, and in a way like a Greek chorus, giving the audience clues to what is going to happen. As we read we can see the tragedy unfold before us and we know that Catherine will fall in love with Rodolpho and that it will not end happily. Much like All my Sons and Death of a Salesman we do not read Miller's plays for a happy ending but to know what is going to happen and how. This book really is a must for all Miller fans.