Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 August 2006
This is a fantastic book that I use wtih Primary school children. They love the illustrations and simple text. The message of the book is easy to understand and the children try very hard to use the alternatives suggested.

It is also a very appealing book to children aged around 18 months who love the vivid illustrations. A handy way to get a very important message through to very young children.
on 17 June 2010
I bought this book to help explain to my 2 year old son that Mama and Daddy are not there for him to kick whenever he wants to during a nappy change, getting dressed or generally when he is not getting something he wants. This book has gone a long way to rectifying that. He completely understands the message, as there are colourful pictures with enough words to explain the message, and it has helped him learn some new words too. He understands the concept now that kicking is not good behaviour.... doesn't always stick to that in his frustrations sometimes, but as soon as we say "Feet are not for kicking people" he will usually follow that with something written in the book, when we ask him what feet are for.

I would recommend this book and using this one as the benchmark, I would definitely look at the other titles in the series, if I needed to get across another important message to my son.
on 10 May 2013
This book is brilliant. I bought this for my pre-school (children aged 2-5yrs) the children love it. It is excellent for children of all ages; a short story with a simple message. After reading it once the children started repeating the phrase 'feet are not for kicking' and joined in with what they can and can't do with our feet.

I would recommend this book to every parent! Great for reinforcing behaviour even if your child doesn't kick out in anger etc
on 12 May 2011
My two year old had developed the habit of kicking out in frustration. This book along with the helpful tips in the back really helped her to understand that feet are not for kicking people. A great investment and she still reads the book now!
on 25 November 2014
I'm manager of a children's nursery and believe in guiding children's behaviour, rather than having to manage it - this book is a great book to share to explain what we would like children 'to do', rather than what not to do.
on 21 July 2015
Bought this after nursery began using it with my little one while he's having a 'smacking and kicking' phase. Great simple concept he engages with. Nice advice in the back of the book. Really helped!
on 4 January 2011
Our three year old was ending up in trouble quite a bit as he kept kicking my good lady, we bought this and have read it a few times, anytime he kicks we just politely tell him "feet are not for kicking" and he seems to remember the book and the story and stops so does what it says on the tin, added to his regular reading list and he will occasionally pick it out himself to have it read against competition from books with Cars and Gruffalos so thats got to be a good sign!
on 15 April 2014
My son loves this book and we read it all the time. Very good for when he does kick out of anger we can talk about it and discuss when we can and can't kick!!
on 12 April 2015
Good book bought for playschool children to listen to they enjoyed it enabled staff to talk about not kicking each other
on 2 December 2014