5.0 out of 5 stars Hands are not for hitting
I purchased this book for my son who has a diagnosis of Autism to understand the importance of using hands positively. I believe this book has done that. It not only discusses what hands are not for, it outlines what hands are for, thus giving children a substitution for a bad behaviour...
Published on 18 May 2009 by Spider

1.0 out of 5 stars Just draws attention to the idea.
I bought this for my 2 year old as he was going through a bad phase. However, it just brought his attention to the idea of hitting even more. He enjoyed reading the book but didn't learn a thing from it. Perhaps he was just too young.
Published on 12 Oct. 2011 by CheerfulSoul

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands are not for hitting, 18 May 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Stopped my toddler hitting!, 1 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Hands are Not for Hitting (Good Behaviour) (Hardcover)
A simple book ideal for toddlers. I was willing to try anything to stop my little 2 year old boy hitting others. This has definitely done the trick, unbelievable! Now I just need one about pushing :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Hit!, 9 Jan. 2015
A. Unsworth - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hands are Not for Hitting (Good Behaviour) (Hardcover)
This is a great aid for helping to teach autistic children what hands are for and what they are NOT for. It needs to be coupled with a social story i think, which you can easily find guidance for online. My son still hits though unfortunately, but i do feel we are making slow progress! They also do a 'Feet are not for Kicking' book, which i may have to invest in. Not sure they do a 'Heads are not for Butting' book but i need that as well....

1.0 out of 5 stars Just draws attention to the idea., 12 Oct. 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 19 May 2013
I bought this book on recommendation from my son's nursery as he had started hitting out at us and others at nursery - they found by explaining to him how people felt using the book with its pictures he seemed to understand and therefore I thought I'd follow this up at home- we still have some moments but atleast now by reciting the title and that it makes us feel sad there has been a big improvement- partly though I assume due to his development too as they say its a phrase they all go through but I was willing to try anything and this book didn't hurt to buy for future moments should I need to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 29 April 2014
great little book good to work through with children can use it to write a simpler book for younger children or change to a social story

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Dec. 2013
Great book, however I think it is more appropriate for a younger age group perhaps 2 - 4 though I guess it depends on the child .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sentence, 12 Jun. 2011
This book is so helpful.
Beautiful illustrations and a great theme for my children. Especially my autistic child.
This is a well used sentence in my house: "hands are not for hitting."

5.0 out of 5 stars made children aware, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Hands are Not for Hitting (Good Behaviour) (Hardcover)
have a child in the class that hit out at everyone, but read this book every so often and the hitting stops

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Resource!, 20 Jan. 2010
Free Spirit "shilo115" (North Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this because my 8 year old autistic son is hitting out whenever he is angry or frustrated. I am very pleased with the book. The illustrations are lovely and there is alot to discuss on each page. The story re-inforces the fact that hands are not for hitting they are for doing lots of other things with. It prompts you to carry out games with your child.

I am impressed with this book, it will be a useful tool for me to reinforce the fact that hands are not for hitting.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Hands are Not for Hitting (Good Behaviour)
Hands are Not for Hitting (Good Behaviour) by Martine Agassi (Hardcover - 25 Nov. 2008)