Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 August 2012
I recently started pottery and ceramics classes and unashamedly confess to being completely addicted to this art! My tutor happened to have this book with her at one of the classes and let me borrow it when I expressed an interest in it - what a gem of a book it is! The layout is clear and simple, totally user-friendly, and the pictorial step-by-step guidance on both basic and more advanced techniques and projects is excellent! This book is certainly a must-have for anyone starting out along the potter's road and also appears to be a trusty "vade mecum" for the more seasoned potters of this world! Definitely to be recommended - an excellent buy!
on 16 August 2010
A well presented book that gives the basic ideas of techniques available for the potter - both amateur and experienced. Each technique gives you the technique that you can then make into your own designs. This is a reprinted book in a smaller format to the original. A book that you can flick through and get and get ideas to apply your own style. So get your hands dirty and get potting.
on 18 February 2012
Indispensable book that will help me in every aspect of my work. I eould highly reccomend this to anyone, novice or professional. A fantastic book from cover to cover. Very well illustrated and easy to follow.
on 29 December 2009
Very happy with this book I am sure it will provide years of help both as a beginer and a to refer to as I gain experience.
on 30 July 2010
Brilliantly photographed step by step instructions. It gives beginers like me the confidence to use with techniques that before would have felt too daunting.
on 6 June 2012
A book which is highly informative to potters old and new. Lots of helpful hints and tips, all in easily accesible format, no wading through pages of text.
Excellent photo reference too.
A book worthy of space on an already brimming bookshelf.
on 23 August 2012
I enjoyed this pottery manual. A lot of new ways to improve old methods.It has a lot of new ideas which I have tried and tested. I recomend it to new and old potters. Good refresher course.
on 25 January 2013
I bought this on the recommendation of others and was not disappointed in any way. it is an absolute fount of information for beginners right on to those who are taking trheir craft/hobby a lot more seriously.
I buy other books to give me ideas but this one has a permanent place by my side to prompt me to improve. It has given me a fresh respect for the poor little pinch pot. Worth every penny!
on 28 March 2016
this book is fabulous, of all the books I've brought so far this one I cant put down.
great photos and step by step instructions on how to do just about everything.
the detail in the descriptions are easily followed to create beautiful results.
on 13 October 2012
Lovely informative book for the novice or the expert potter. Lovely ideas for glazes, great coffee table book.brilliant different ways to shape.