5.0 out of 5 stars review
This is a lovely book. It is written in bite sized chunks which are informative and easy to understand. The illustrations are lovely and make you want to pick up your sketchpad and start drawing. I bought this book purely for inspiration, as I often view others work and become inspired to try something new, and this book is already a favourite addition to my collection.
Published on 6 April 2009 by Julie Artist

3.0 out of 5 stars Very basic
Published on 22 Sep 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, 22 Sep 2009
This review is from: The Bloomsbury Guide to Creating Illustrated Children's Books (Hardcover)
My opinion of this book is that it covers a lot of different areas, but very basically. It doesn't go into enough detail on any area, so it is one book i would leave off my list if i could go back in time. I am not saying it is bad, it is nicely presented, but just not enough meat in there. I have read quite alot of books on this subject so perhaps if you are just starting off then it might be an ok-ish place to begin, before going into more depth, but it was similar to martin sailsburys book ( how to illustrate a children's picture book) but his is far far better and a lot more detailed and grown up.

5.0 out of 5 stars review, 6 April 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and full of inspiration., 30 July 2009
L. M. Jewson (Seaford, Sussex.) - See all my reviews
I really like this book. For a small package it is certainly packed full of great advice. Its' presentation alone, makes one want to pick up pen and paper and start scribbling down ideas - my head is full of them. I needed something to push me along in the right direction and this book has so many examples and cross references it just leads you on a fun filled path, a bit like being at art school but without the distraction. You could expect no less from 'Bloomsbury'.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'how to' of creating an illustrated children's book, 29 Aug 2010
Mrs. M. E. Doole "Mags" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This book gives ideas, hints and tips on how to create your own illustrated children's book. It takes you from getting your idea onto paper to creating a finished book ready to send to publishers if that is your chosen route to getting published.

The Bloomsbury Guide to Creating Illustrated Children's Books
The Bloomsbury Guide to Creating Illustrated Children's Books by Yadzia Williams (Hardcover - 25 Sep 2008)
Used & New from: 11.79