Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 March 2005
After having done two previous years without this book, everything became much clearer for me when I had this book in my posession. Everything is discribed very clearly and in a simple to read language. Not like Mintzberg's: The strategy Process.
A very good buy
on 31 October 2008
The best strategists in history, from Alexander the Great to Richard Branson, have been free thinkers - and the best strategies are always unconventional. This book encourages the reader to step away from the usual academic dogma and adopt a style of independent, tactical thinking that fosters good, classical strategy in a modern context.
on 31 January 2013
I purchased this book whilst at university and it was the best book that I had purchased for a long time. Move on a couple of years and I am still using this book in my job.

It highlights everything you need to know about strategic thinking, and moving forward. It also has some very useful case studies in, which I found invaluable.
on 24 May 2012
This is by far the best textbook I have found on Corporate Strategy. I liked the way De Wit and Meyer gave an overview of each topic and then used leading journal articles or excerpts from other books to explain the rest. A brilliant tool for students writing Strategy essays.
on 15 March 2015
These authors copied a Journal from Barney word for word and not even acknowledge it. It embarrassing that they are benefiting from plagiarism
VINE VOICEon 29 August 2014
Outdated now (Get a new version, this was 2004) but a basic manual to the basics of corporate Strategy.
on 7 November 2011
The context of the book is very good, however the binding or the book is poor. I have read three case studies and pages are beginning to come loose
on 3 December 2015