5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Bought for my 9 year old daughter who is a true Horrible Histories fan -(these books are all she will read!!)). She loves it and is often found walking round the house with this book in hand tracking down individuals to tell jokes to. Good funny jokes and very good for 6 - 12 year olds. Definitely recommended.
Published on 20 Jun 2010 by Mrs. Debra Scott

3.0 out of 5 stars Joke book
I bought this for my nephew for easter. He's 10 years old and loves the horrible histories series of books and tv programmes. Im sure he'll love it. I did show it to my 7 year old son who is also a fan but he didnt 'get' the jokes as other reviewers have also found. The cartoon pictures are great and for an older child the jokes are good but definitely for the over 9's.
Published on 19 April 2011 by sponting

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Jun 2010
Mrs. Debra Scott "Botox 123" (Wakefield, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the kids quiet!, 20 Oct 2010
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter as she loves Horrible Histories & jokes. She read it in a couple of hours & kept reading out jokes to us. She didn't understand some of the meanings, ie Alexander the Great became Grate in the joke but once it was explained she found it hilarious! This obviously helps them with their English, with words sounding the same but having different meanings. After reading this book she wanted the whole set of Horrible Histories which I have now bought her for her birthday.

3.0 out of 5 stars Joke book, 19 April 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Very thin and a re-hash of known jokes, 16 Mar 2012
You don't get a lot for your money. Very slim volume. Many of the jokes aren't history jokes- but known jokes, but about e.g. a pirate.
Not very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrgh. Jokes! Ok, just one ore and that's it!, 19 Jan 2013
M Poole "The Tillerman" (The wilds of Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Every parent has said this, really. Just one more and that's it, but it's hard to resist these. Our son has single-handedly paid Mr Deary's mortgage for a month, I would imagine, but we don't begrudge a single pound, as his work is entertaining and best of all it's funny in a gruesome, gory and *gasp* educational way. He's done as much for encouraging our son to read as anything we've tried, and as long as the HH series keeps being printed, we'll keep buying them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Histories - not so horrible, 1 Oct 2011
If your child likes the Horrible Histories tv series then they will love this book. Very funny. Fast delivery. Good value for money. Great Christmas stocking filler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book Great value!, 23 Dec 2011
Hello,

I brought this book for my 15 year best friend who is obsessed about the hit series horrible histories! He recites the songs all day long in class to me! However I brought this book in the hope that he'll shut up and just reads it, although I could be regretting it because he might find a new hobby. of telling these jokes

Like all jokes books the jokes aren't really that funny although there a good laugh with friends, because there so unfunny, well knowing him I think he'll enjoy them!

Good book recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great Horrible history instalment, 2 Dec 2011
Another must have for those children who love Horrible History, especially as they are horible jokes, I have just purchased this for my 9 year old for christmas, I know my husband was laughing at them before I wrapped the book, so that is a positive sign for an avid history fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 20 Nov 2010
Bought for my 9 year old daughter who loves the Horrible Hitories series. She loves it and gets most of the jokes.

4.0 out of 5 stars A kid's Review!, 19 Oct 2010
A Kid's Review
I bougtht this book as I fell in Love with the Horrible Histories book and television series. This book is worth every penny but some of the jokes are hard to understand and are aimed at younger readers (5-8 Year olds). Still, this great book is in my top ten list and is a fun and "horribly halarious" read!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Horribly Hilarious Joke Book (Horrible Histories)
Horribly Hilarious Joke Book (Horrible Histories) by Terry Deary (Paperback - 5 Sep 2013)
3.99