Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£6.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Collette is a teenage, American student who goes to Paris on a school trip. She’s excited about going because she’s had a tough time following her parents divorce and her subsequent change in lifestyle. Going to Paris, for her, is a way to get back in touch with her ancestry and admire the European fashions.

When you buy a book with a title like this, it’s safe to say that you don’t expect historical accuracy or a work of great fiction. However, I was expecting a decent pulp-style novel with a fair amount of melodrama. Sadly, it fell short of all my expectations. The book takes itself far too seriously to be effective and the ghost, who could have been terrifying, was a bit of a damp squib; turn up, lop off head, disappear. There was no build-up, no suspense and so no real fear.

I hadn’t really realised that this was intended to be YA fiction until I started it, and I’m sure I would have enjoyed it more if I’d still been in my teens. It does deal with bullying girl friendships and young romance, which might appeal to some younger (probably female) readers.

Not one for me!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 3 April 2014
I loved this book couldn't put it down!
Was so addictive just sucks you in would love a sequel!
Hint hint
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again