on 30 November 2013
The book itself is great and has lots of interesting facts which my son (6) was enjoying reading quietly to himself. However, he came to me upset because in a true/false quiz it claims that Santa is dead. When I explained that Saint Nicolas was dead but obviously Santa was not dead he was still angry as a non-fiction book shouldn't be so misleading and say Santa was dead when he wasn't then. Glad I gave it to him now and not on Christmas Eve to be honest...I think joking about Santa being dead is in very poor taste.
on 23 November 2013
My son thinks this book is epic, I bought it a couple of weeks ago and he has never put it down. It has been read and reread constantly.
Great format so it looks exciting and has lots of sections about Christmas traditions and their histories
Brilliant x
on 31 December 2013
Funny but with facts not boring at all :) I would recommend it for about 9-13 year olds I am 10 years old I loved it
on 22 November 2014
I don't hate the book, I hate the kindle edition. Don't waste your money: on a Kindle Paperwhite it is essentially illegible. Imagine a bad black-and-white photocopy of a photocopy of a colour cartoon book, on a screen too small. You're looking at an image, not the printed page, and presenting pictures and diagrams is not a Kindle strength.
on 26 December 2013
This was bought as a gift for a family member who loves studying History in school and is a massive Horrible Histories fan. He already has several of the books. This one has lots of activities and stories to keep children occupied. A must have for Horrible Histories fans.
on 30 December 2013
Both funny and factual its the best book to get you in the festive mood on Christmas.If you aren't feeling in the christmas mood then I would recommend this book.
on 30 March 2014
Tom aged 11
I have always loved horrible histories and I really enjoyed this one. I learnt a thing or two and had fun all the way
on 3 February 2014
great price.. the kids loved them , glad I purchased from amazon and not from other more expensive stores.. I recommend.
on 31 December 2015
arrived today was im doing a easy read history book for my bother
package was the right size
on 30 January 2014
I purchased this book for my sons year 4 class as a Christmas present. Its proved very popular! Great gift.