4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous new series!
4.5 stars

There's something about a book by Maggie Stiefvater... like dark chocolate, I don't need a lot of it to find myself deeply satisfied. Her writing is really a cut above, and I simply can't blast through one of her books in a day in the same way as I can't eat a whole bar of dark chocolate in one go. I like to put it down, wander off, have a think and...
Published on 19 Sept. 2012 by Jen

3.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing
What can I really say about The Raven Boys? For the most part I actually hated it. Now I know that is a strong word but I did. I found it boring and slow and I wanted to kill the characters. But something kept me reading. I actually couldn't put the book down. And I have no idea why.

The Raven Boys is by Maggie Stiefvator and if you know me, you know I have a...
Published on 10 Feb. 2013 by Wee Shubba

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Raven Boys Review, 20 Aug. 2013
Chillingly Brilliant. I loved it. I gave it a five star. To check out my full review go to rebeccalaurenreviews.blogspot.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars A rich, textured story, 11 Aug. 2013
I love the way she uses words. Very evocative and beautiful. This is a brilliant book with incredible characters. Read it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 25 Jun. 2013
Good read couldn't wait to see what happened in the end which was however a little bit disappointing, it just felt a bit rushed and unfinished. Perhaps there will be a follow up book which finalises things which I would definitely read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 11 May 2013
Took awhile to get into but after that I couldn't put it down. I blame that on Maggie's writing style, it's very descriptive which isn't bad but at the beginning I found myself reading the words but not really into it. But that's the same in most Maggie's books. I really loved the characters which in some of her other books I found hard to do due to the fact they where so dull but I loved these! Maggie does an excellent job of making the book seem real she does this through her ground work of both the characters and the story. I overall loved the concept and I am really looking forward to the following books in this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 10 April 2013
It's funny, sinister and heart breaking and I genuinely feel lost now that my time in their world is over.

Every time I read a Maggie Stiefvater novel I imagine it can't get any better and yet it does. I fell in love with each of the Raven boys and Blue. They are all such imperfect, multifaceted characters. The protection they give one another, regardless of their faults (which they all have) is so inviting. The relationship between Blue and her aunts and mother is both dysfunctional and perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing start!, 9 April 2013
I really think you shouldn't hesitate to buy this book if you want something different than the usual girl meets boy who happens to be a vampire or the likes. Instead, this book is filled with celtic magic, complex and wonderful characters and a hooking plot. The whole book has an intriguing feel and is written so you feel like you are right there with the gang as they travel on their journey. This is one of my favourite books and I cannot wait for the next installment. September is too far away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Feb. 2013
I hope there's a second book, it was fantastic!!!!! I love the story and the way it's written, and her style of writing paints a clear picture in my mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 20 Feb. 2013
I really enjoyed this book, the characters where so amazingly written and the story is full of many layers. I loved it!

Hopefully a little bit more romance next time, there is so much potential.

ps I love Gansey <3

5.0 out of 5 stars Raven, 11 Feb. 2013
A really amazing book. The different POVs were a really captivating element in the book and it leaves you wanting more. I love blue she is a pure character and is quite different from what you would expect. One of the top ten books to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gansey and the gang., 2 Feb. 2013
An amazingly written story, easy to follow. The relationship between Gansey and Blue, I hope it develops more even though it might end in Gansey's death. They seem better together rather than Adam, he just creeps me out. I'm really looking forward to the story behind and around Blue's father. What Ronan said at the very end, I didn't understand the meaning. But it was one of the best books I've read, can't wait to the next one.

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 | Next ›

The Raven Boys (The Raven Boys Quartet)
The Raven Boys (The Raven Boys Quartet) by Maggie Stiefvater (Paperback - 19 Sept. 2012)