Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 May 2013
At the end of each book in this series Pilkey sets the scene for the next one in true cliff-hanger style. My son who is now nine but probably discovered Captain Underpants around six or seven, has been waiting eagerly for about a year or more for this next installment to arrive. Don't know why it's taken so long but it is as funny as the earlier ones. Daft, slightly subverisve, just a touch of the mild toilet-humour that little boys love and full of delightful illustrations. My son has enjoyed all the Captian Underpants books and we have re-read all of them over the past few years. To be honest, by now he's kind of growing out of them but for a kid in that 5 to 8 range this is a great book, as are all the others. And as bedtime stories, I enjoyed reading them to him immensely.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 January 2014
Another in the children's (and many adults) favourite series of Captain Underpants highly amusing adventures in which `wedgie power' is used to overcome a veritable phalanx of comical super villains with the help of a motley and constantly changing cast of unlikely super heroes.

And why do kids absolutely love these books beyond most others? `Simple' as that annoying tv advert meerkat says repeatedly, because the jocularity is very basic majoring on `fart' humour, irreverent, fast moving, and one whole lot of fun.....just about everything that most kids lap up. Little wonder that killjoy groups such as The American Library Association features The Captain Underpants books very high up in their lists of books needed to be banned......goodness me we can't be having children actually reading books, and enjoying the experience - its better for them to continue watching television and computer screens and not read at all! Instead of castigating and poo-pooing (if you excuse the expression) the Captain and his knockabout friends and foes, plaudits by the bucket full should be showered over this series of books.

The Captain's evil antagonist Professor Poopypants is back!....now going by the name of Tippy Tinkletrousers, and is hell bent on wreaking evil intent and dastardly acts of spitefulness on superheroes George and Harold. The amazing Captain Underpants has to stop this reign of numbingly terrifying malefic ill-intent before it is too late......wow come on Captain!

My 7 year old grandson could not put this one down and read it in a single prolonged sitting.....must be good.
on 19 December 2013
Every Captain Underpants book is called an "epic novel", well, this time Pilkey has certainly presented fans with "the" Epic Captain Underpants novel. It is huge for a start (over 300 pages) and the plot is so convoluted it contains about three stories in one! This has got to be the best book in the entire series and I've already read book 10, but this one makes me want to read #10 again just to follow what happens next. After six years between books 8 & 9 being published, Pilkey put everything he had into this book; it is absolutely hilarious. Taking us into a future that was meant to be, a future that could have been and the one that really happened. We also go way back to when George and Harold were in kindergarten and first met. The majority of the book takes place within this storyline and is fantastic! I just loved it!
on 13 May 2016
The fact I can get it right away with a great way of saying it would mean so so happy to see my tweets and you have a great way of saying it would mean so so happy to see my tweets and you have a good time with you guys have to go out to the point where you are the onlookers the same thing to be in a few days ago and thing that would back and I don't think that is not an issue with a few years back on my way home and I don't think that I have a great way of life and the rest of the year of high quality and the rest of 9 of life and the rest of the year of high quality of life is so cute I can't even see you soon as possible to be a and I have a good time with the new version is better to be the first half of the day before I get a follow back on my way
on 28 September 2012
My 9 year old daughter is a big fan of comics including Captain Underpants which she reads and re-reads as jokes are hilarious, we really enjoy the drawings too, it isn't rude or offensive in any way, just humour and daft stories .
on 16 June 2013
Good book - here's what my 6 year old son had to say:

"Captain Underpants and the Terrifying re turn of Tippy tinkle Trousers" is a very good story because every evening george and harold go into kippers and his gangs lockers and swops it for a message on their phones. They put an extra letter for kipper because he is the worst person in the gang and the worst person in the school. George and harold put spiders webs into the lockers. There names are bugg and Frankenstein and loogie and kipper. George and harolds writing is not spelt correctly. This author is very funny because the words are not spelt properly. You should get this book. From isaiah. Age:6.
on 5 October 2012
My grandson is thrilled with it - he loves this series of books and reads them to me and his grandad on his way to and from school.
on 23 April 2014
My son is a huge Captain Underpants fan and he has thoroughly enjoyed this latest instalment of the Captains adventures. The way the book is written is a cross between straight story and comic strip so it is a great way to get children reading and they don't get overwhelmed with lots of text. The pictures are great and the story bounces along at a great pace as do they all.
I can't recommend these books enough as a great way to get youngsters reading!
on 11 January 2014
I brought this for my son who is a massive Captain Underpants fan & has most of the series already. He really enjoyed the book & had many 'laugh out loud' moments - He really enjoyed (as ever) the 'Flip O Rama' part and was keen to show it to the extended family on christmas day, which after a couple of glasses of wine we all found funny too !!!! Great addition to any Captain Underpants book collection :)
on 11 May 2013
My son rates these books highly. He reads them to me and I can't help but laugh along with him. My son has autism and never had a Sense of humour, never understood humour - until we found these wonderful books by Dav Pilkey. Hey are funny, silly and daft but I think incredibly funny and would recommend to anyone :). We look forward to he next issues.