5.0 out of 5 stars BEING A SUPERHERO MUST BE VERY EXHAUSTING!, 3 Jan 2014
DOPPLEGANGER (TEDDY B) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers (Paperback)
Another in the children's (and many adults) favourite series of Captain Underpants highly amusing adventures in which `wedgie power' is used to overcome a veritable phalanx of comical super villains with the help of a motley and constantly changing cast of unlikely super heroes.

And why do kids absolutely love these books beyond most others? `Simple' as that annoying tv advert meerkat says repeatedly, because the jocularity is very basic majoring on `fart' humour, irreverent, fast moving, and one whole lot of fun.....just about everything that most kids lap up. Little wonder that killjoy groups such as The American Library Association features The Captain Underpants books very high up in their lists of books needed to be banned......goodness me we can't be having children actually reading books, and enjoying the experience - its better for them to continue watching television and computer screens and not read at all! Instead of castigating and poo-pooing (if you excuse the expression) the Captain and his knockabout friends and foes, plaudits by the bucket full should be showered over this series of books.

The Captain's evil antagonist Professor Poopypants is back!....now going by the name of Tippy Tinkletrousers, and is hell bent on wreaking evil intent and dastardly acts of spitefulness on superheroes George and Harold. The amazing Captain Underpants has to stop this reign of numbingly terrifying malefic ill-intent before it is too late......wow come on Captain!

My 7 year old grandson could not put this one down and read it in a single prolonged sitting.....must be good.

5.0 out of 5 stars my eldest son loves da capt :), 30 Dec 2013
another great inclusion to the fine capt underpants book range,we though it would never happen but george,harold,mr krupp and co have come back for another adventure this time more time travelling escapades ensue..class

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real EPIC Captain Underpants Book, 19 Dec 2013
Every Captain Underpants book is called an "epic novel", well, this time Pilkey has certainly presented fans with "the" Epic Captain Underpants novel. It is huge for a start (over 300 pages) and the plot is so convoluted it contains about three stories in one! This has got to be the best book in the entire series and I've already read book 10, but this one makes me want to read #10 again just to follow what happens next. After six years between books 8 & 9 being published, Pilkey put everything he had into this book; it is absolutely hilarious. Taking us into a future that was meant to be, a future that could have been and the one that really happened. We also go way back to when George and Harold were in kindergarten and first met. The majority of the book takes place within this storyline and is fantastic! I just loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious for kids, 9 Nov 2013
I purchased this for my daughter and she said it was funny , it was very adventurous and it had a bit of a twist as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 25 Jun 2013
i brought this book for my 10 year old son and he loved it he told me all about and i now remeber the bully part
i should read it myself

5.0 out of 5 stars buy now!, 16 Jun 2013
Good book - here's what my 6 year old son had to say:

"Captain Underpants and the Terrifying re turn of Tippy tinkle Trousers" is a very good story because every evening george and harold go into kippers and his gangs lockers and swops it for a message on their phones. They put an extra letter for kipper because he is the worst person in the gang and the worst person in the school. George and harold put spiders webs into the lockers. There names are bugg and Frankenstein and loogie and kipper. George and harolds writing is not spelt correctly. This author is very funny because the words are not spelt properly. You should get this book. From isaiah. Age:6.

5.0 out of 5 stars At long last - the next book in the series., 23 May 2013
At the end of each book in this series Pilkey sets the scene for the next one in true cliff-hanger style. My son who is now nine but probably discovered Captain Underpants around six or seven, has been waiting eagerly for about a year or more for this next installment to arrive. Don't know why it's taken so long but it is as funny as the earlier ones. Daft, slightly subverisve, just a touch of the mild toilet-humour that little boys love and full of delightful illustrations. My son has enjoyed all the Captian Underpants books and we have re-read all of them over the past few years. To be honest, by now he's kind of growing out of them but for a kid in that 5 to 8 range this is a great book, as are all the others. And as bedtime stories, I enjoyed reading them to him immensely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 11 May 2013
My son rates these books highly. He reads them to me and I can't help but laugh along with him. My son has autism and never had a Sense of humour, never understood humour - until we found these wonderful books by Dav Pilkey. Hey are funny, silly and daft but I think incredibly funny and would recommend to anyone :). We look forward to he next issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 15 April 2013
I liked this book because it was great fun and intriguing and left me wondering what would happen next :})-

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 11 April 2013
My son has always loved these books they're genius. Any child soul enjoy them. They are a pleasure to reds to your child. Fabulous mix of comic strip and text. Don't be fooled they are a challenging read.

Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers