5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story
My daughter and I have enjoyed this book so much that I have just ordered A cat called Penguin also by Holly Webb. The Chocolate Dog is just a lovely book either for reading together or alone and its in chapters so easy to remember where you were each night! Also just a really good, enjoyable story.
Published 18 months ago by Salwar

3.0 out of 5 stars MISLEADING...NOTHING TO DO WITH A DOG!!!
Published 9 months ago by caron

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 5 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice read, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Chocolate Dog (Holly Webb Animal Stories) (Paperback)
A lovely book to read to my 7yr old, that a nice read for me too. And one to read on her own as she get older.

3.0 out of 5 stars MISLEADING...NOTHING TO DO WITH A DOG!!!, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Chocolate Dog (Holly Webb Animal Stories) (Paperback)
Bought this book as we fairly assumed by the cover and title that it would be mostly about a dog! The dog hardly features at all! Feel very cheated of our money as my daughter and I are animal lovers and have read Holly Webbs other animal books and this one misleads the purchaser into believing this one is also one of her animal books. The story was ok when you accepted that it was not going to be about a dog! I liked the illustrations..they were pretty. Was planning on purchasing her similar book about a cat called Penguin but after this experience I guess a cat is going to be too much to expect! Has made me wary from now on of Holly Webb!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreary story- very disappointing, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Chocolate Dog (Holly Webb Animal Stories) (Paperback)
Both daughter and I disappointed in this dull tale of families and sibling jealousy. Had bought on the assumption it was a book about the dog- but dog hardly features at all. Story told from the point of view of miserable older sister. Not quite sure why the dog is given star billing in the title really. Pedestrian characters in a mundane plot.

The Chocolate Dog (Holly Webb Animal Stories)
The Chocolate Dog (Holly Webb Animal Stories) by Holly Webb (Paperback - 2 Aug 2012)
4.79