I've just read this to a six year old and a seven year old and we all cried with laughter! Violet is the funniest, pint sized heroine we've ever encountered. Full of action and laugh out loud gags, 'Shrinking Violet' is definitely no shrinking violet. I can imagine that boys might like this one too.
Published on 9 July 2012 by R. Greene

3.0 out of 5 stars potential
This book has potential to be a good book for young girls. My daughter loves funny stories like horrid henry. She would undoubtedly enjoy this book, but unfortunately we have the proof version. The first chapter is printed in a fun way with different fonts which engages the young reader. If we had the resale copy I know she would have read through this funny book to the...
Published on 18 July 2012 by S. Hammond

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly and Totally Hilarious! An Irrespressible Heroine for the 21st Century., 9 July 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars nice story for younger readers, 23 Jun 2012
V. Kidd "Viki" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Shrinking Violet (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A good, fun story, for younger readers. I'm eleven and I thought that the way it was written would suit someone aged seven to nine. It was a good story, quite funny and a good idea for a story. I liked it but maybe wouldn't have chosen it for myself but because my mum chose it for me I tried it and it was quite readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner!, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Shrinking Violet (Paperback)
My seven year old is a really good reader but hasn't shown a real passion for the books she has been reading. Once she'd got into the story (with us reading a chapter each) she suddenly couldn't put it down, even picking it up to read before school, it was so lovely to see her getting so much enjoyment from a story. The text is quite small but it is very chatty and easy going in it's approach. The illustrations are fun and the story amusing. She was desperate to discover who the thief was........

5.0 out of 5 stars YOUNG GIRLS LOVE THIS, 28 Oct 2013
Mr. William Oxley "oxenblocks" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Shrinking Violet (Paperback)
My daughter is nearly 8 and she loves ready this story about Violet. There are a lot of words and over 20 chapters. This is a reading story book, rather than a picture book.

The action centres around Violet, who seems to shrink at times, to the size of a fish finger. I do not know much more than that except that it seems to be a great read!

My daughter also loves reading Utterly Me, Clarice Bean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for light reading, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Shrinking Violet (Paperback)
My daughter read this book in one sitting. If you like Mrs Pepperpot you will like this. My daughter has taken this into school and all her friends are now Violet fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars good fun book, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Shrinking Violet (Paperback)
Recommended to my sons yr 3 class was worried he would find it a bit girly, but no he loved it and couldn't wait to read it. Wants to read others in series. i enjoyed too

5.0 out of 5 stars a great book, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Shrinking Violet (Paperback)
My 6 (nearly 7) year old daughter absolutely loves the book! It's an easy reading, so the child will find herself reading the last chapter before she knows it! I strongly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars My boys love it., 16 Jan 2013
OrganicGreen "Knowledge is King and books a g... (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Shrinking Violet (Paperback)
My partner read this book to my boys 9&5 and they both enjoyed it. My oldest then read the book himself. . He is not a confident reader but he was happy to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to read aloud to children of different ages, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: Shrinking Violet (Paperback)
This is a funny, clever book that works for children of a range of ages. A whodunnit set in an old people's home the characters are quirky and likable. It is fun to read aloud and the illustrations and varying fonts are brilliant. I read it to my 6 year old and my 11 year old and it worked for both of them. It's rare to find a book that doesn't dumb down to my older child too much while keeping my younger one amused, but here is one that does just that. Well done Ms. Kuenzler! Bravo.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Read, 12 Oct 2012
Shrinking Violet.
By Lou Kuenzler
This book is a delight from the fist to the last word. From the moment our heroine Violet first shrinks Lou Kuenzler draws us into an exciting, sometimes dangerous but often humorous world, seen from the perspective of a girl who shrinks to the the size of a Fish Finger, where she can ride on the back of her pet hamster Hannibal like a Shetland pony.
Violet's beloved Gran is accused of stealing Jewellery at the Sunset Retirement Centre. Violet must solve the mystery and when she shrinks wastes no time and sets to work operating as a miniature spy to find the real thief. However Violet cannot control when she shrinks and when she suddenly grows to her normal height resulting in many hilarious situations.
Without wishing to give away anymore of the plot I will just add that I couldn't put this book down. Lou Kuenzler has finely drawn characters and written a very clever story with twists and turns and red herrings that will keep you guessing right to the very end.
This book would make a wonderful Christmas or birthday gift for a child of 8 + and would defiantly encourage and enhance a child's love of reading.

Shrinking Violet
Shrinking Violet by Lou Kuenzler (Paperback - 5 July 2012)
4.79