5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!
As a fan of the first two books (Shiver and Linger), I was really excited to read this one. Especially as it was the last in the trilogy.

I was not disappointed!

I'm not going to write about what happens as I don't want to get carried away and ruin anything.

Published on 12 July 2011 by Natasha

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed...
Published on 11 Aug 2011 by The Book Worm

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!, 12 July 2011

I was not disappointed!

If you have read the first two books you will know, even though this is about werewolves, its a love story and a story about overcoming and surviving.

For me, this was the best out of the three. I have never read something about werewolves that was written so beautifully. Maggie Stiefvater's style of writing, especially in the first book, was hard for me to grasp as I wasn't used to it but once you do, you are pulled into this beautiful world where she makes you feel part of the book. Everything is described in such a way that you feel you're there experiencing all the emotions and suroundings that the characters are. I love the fact it's written from other characters points of view (just like the other books) as it adds depth to the story.

I laughed, felt sad, felt angry, felt happy, felt anxious, was hanging on the egde of my seat .. This book had it all. This was a great end to an even greater trilogy!

If you are a fan of Maggie's other books, then don't delay in reading this and if you are yet to discover the wolves of Mercy Falls, I'm sure you will love it as much as I did.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., 11 Aug 2011
This review is from: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls) (Paperback)
I am a big fan of this series and I fell in love with all of the characters from book one so naturally I was so excited when it was announced that Forever was going to be released and I bought it as soon as I could. However I was sorely disappointed when I read it. I agree with others who have reviewed this series when they say that it was not as good and exciting as Shiver and Linger.
Out of all of them it has turned out to be my least favourite when I was expecting it to be the opposite. Don't get me wrong it's beautifully written and Maggie captures your imagination with the setting and characters but the ending was this book's downfall. It's indefinate and I hate that! I like a nice happy ending where all loose ends are tied up and this book fails to do that. If she were planning to do another book I wouldn't mind but as far as I know she isn't so this book has turned out to be the biggest let down.
I still love the series and I may try her latest series but I will not have as high hopes as I did for this book as I fear I may be as disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Tension mounting finale, 29 Sep 2011
Ms. C. A. Anderson "Cassandra220689" (East Kilbride, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls) (Paperback)
The last book in this thrilling series is what we have all been waiting for...

Grace and Sam have fought it out trying to hold on to the love that they share through the last 2 books and this book see's them pushed to breaking point for that love, struggle to hold on to it and in the end fighting for it.

The wolves are still being hunted and in this final installment, the anti has been upped and the danger is clear. Time is fast running out to find a cure in order to save the wolves. Cole's theories for the cure are tested in some frightening ways with what looks like could be positive results, but there is just not enough time when Isabel's dad is in on the date of the aerial hunt being moved closer. The clock is ticking and Grace, Same, Cole and Isabel struggle for a solution, but Becks journal reveals a plan to Cole that just might work.

In a gripping, dangerous and horrifying end sequence which has us on the edge of our seats and in the end it all comes down to Sam and Cole to save the Pack after Shelby has made it her mission to exact revenge and kill them all.

With an ending which gives us a conclusion to one problem, it doesn't answer everything. Its nice. It's closer to reality, and with this ending you are left with questions which will go on in your head long after you have read the book. But not ones that needed to be answered, some may find the ending a little bit disappointing but I liked how it ended. But the message is clear: if love can survive the adversities that Sam and Grace have been through, then it is clear their love is forever.

Cassandra220689

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever is outstanding, 21 July 2011
Miss A. J. Murfitt (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls) (Paperback)
Ok, so I sat staring at a blank screen for several minutes before attempting to write this review. I really don't know what to say. This may be a bit higgledy piggledy.

Firstly I liked it, hell in some places I loved it. I found myself completely pulled in (yet again) by Maggie's truly engaging story telling. She makes me feel like I know these characters, like I know exactly what they would do in any situation they are put in. I know what they would be thinking. And I felt myself willing them to survive, to conquer what ever battle is facing them and come out well on the other side. That is how well she writes her characters.

At the end of Linger, Grace is a wolf, Sam is human and Cole and Isabel are struggling to attempt some form of relationship - badly.

In Forever, its pretty much more of the same but with more danger, more relationship building and more revelations discovered about the past of the wolves/Beck. After another body is discovered in the woods as being attacked and killed by the wolves, Mr Culpepper decides its time to get rid of the wolves once and for all with a full scale areal sweep exterminating the wolves with guns and helicopters. This is bad, very bad news for Sam who's girlfriend is a newly unstable wolf, shifting left right and centre with no control over it. Sam goes through a lot in this book. Not only is he trying to help Grace and save the other wolves from extermination but he also has the police and Grace's parents on his back accusing him of murdering her.

Cole is still trying to discover a cure, or even a way of making himself shift into a wolf at will or visa versa. He overcomes a lot of his demons in Forever when he finally plucks up the courage to set the world straight on his supposed death and begins to fully embrace a life that is actually worth living, and friends who are worth dying for...

And Isabel. God I love Isabel. She is so refreshing, so hard faced on the outside but soft on the inside. I really enjoyed watching her turn away from the ice queen path and really become more human again with Cole. Their little on/off romance side story was one of the things I really loved about this book. They both had emotional issues and together they helped each other.

The climatic ending had me reading intently into the early hours of the morning simply needing to know who survived and what happened to the wolves. It was a very VERY good last few chapters.

The ending. This was probably the only bit of the book where I have a slight criticism. Sorry Maggie! I know a lot of people have praised the fact that it has been left quite open ended and in some ways I did appreciate that. It means that everyone can come to their own conclusion as to what happened in the future. But I would have been more happy with that had there been plans for another book to fully explore a bit more of a final ending. A real conclusion. Don't get me wrong, many conclusions were came to but I felt it was just a little too open to feel satisfied enough that these characters I have come to love so much are going to make it in the future.

Heads up Maggie - write another one! I'm sure no one else would object.

Overall though - outstanding. I'm extremely sorry to see the series end and look forward to reading more of Maggie's future works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the previous book in the series, 15 April 2014
This follows on nicely from my last review, as it was Book 3 in the Mercy Falls Series.

Still busy at work, I opted to listen to this rather than be slower and read a copy, so I borrowed my copy from the local library.

In point of fact, this follow on book had less teenage angst that Shiver. There was enough to make the plot interesting and move on though. A whole star's worth improvement between the two books, and for me much more enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Book out of the Trilogy!, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls) (Paperback)
I will start my review by saying I absolutely loved this story and didn't want it to end. This one was definitely my favourite out of the trilogy.

What I really loved about all the books, Shiver, Linger and Forever, was that they kept you so gripped!

I really ended up loving Cole and Isabel. I am disappointed that we didn't really get to see how it ended for them.

I was also sad that we never got to see if the cure worked for Grace.

I absolutely recommend this series. It was truly amazing and I ended up falling in love with the characters. I really didn't want it to end. Because I loved this series so much I have decided to buy a few of Maggie's other books. I have just ordered The Raven Boys and will be buying Lament

This is a 9 out of 10 for me!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Open Ended, 29 Aug 2012
P. Hardman "PaulaSHx" (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls) (Paperback)
This series is, again, one of my favourites. There are many things that attracted me to it. One of which is the role reversal. Grace, the main character, is not your stereotypical damsel in distress. She's practical, straight talking, logical and almost not romantic at all. Sam, the male lead, on the other hand is sensitive, damaged, creative and an utter romantic. Then you have Cole and Isabel who discover kindness in despair and provide the best scenes and lines of this book.

To top it up you have the plot. In the first book being a wolf was something a little mystical, magical. On the second you find out there might be another explanation. Slowly the whole concept begins to sound less like an exceptional gift and more like a curse. There is very little I can say without giving it away, but the twist is very interesting.

Stiefvater's writing is incredibly entertaining. The prose is smooth and the wit irresistibly funny. Oh! Don't think you get it too easy! There will be stances where you will run for the tissues unashamedly. She also flips the points of view in between a few of the characters so you get a rounder, more complete description of what is going on in all levels.

I don't really see a better end for this story; however, I feel like there was a lot that was left unfinished. The end is open and, although the odds are really good, you will never really know for sure.

If I am honest, and I know someone out there will want to throw stones at me, Sam really annoyed me in this book. I was happy to see him working through his issues (and boy does he have issues!) but at the same time it was like: "Get hold of yourself already!" Having said that, different people grief and work through problems differently and Sam is just the opposite side of that spectrum to me. Hence why I don't really understand him.

To contrast that, probably knowing Sam came across as a bit of a wimp, Stiefvater teamed him with Cole. Ah Cole... *day dreams for a second*. Even though Cole can be a little annoying, he is a doer. Now, that I can understand. And I wanted him to get it together with Isabel so badly! Here is where I thought you didn't get the info. And I can understand why she did it. Cole and Isabel are not the main characters so their relationship shouldn't really take over, but I still wanted more! There are plenty of hints, but I'm not sure I'm good at those. In plain English: do they get together? Do they stay together? What actually happens when he turns up on her door step? I was almost frustrated not to have the answers.

3.0 out of 5 stars forever wolves of mercy falls, 28 Dec 2011
This review is from: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls) (Paperback)
I must say that I love Maggie's books shiver & linger were so good I could not put them down.
I was very disappointed with forever well the ending anyway yes it left you thinking what might happen in the future I expected more this being the last book.
I didn't like the fact that it left an open ending when she could of finished it off that why I am giving this books 3 stars when I would give the the other two books 5 stars .
I recommend people to read this book for themselves as only you know yourself weather you will enjoy this book please note this is just my opinion and I feel everyone is entitled to have their own views or opinions on this book.
Yet again I will say this Maggie is a good author but this book not so good very disappointing have big exceptions for forever .

4.0 out of 5 stars final instalment, 23 Dec 2011
carly (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls) (Paperback)
This is the final instalment in The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, Maggie Stiefvater's style of writing is so different from everything else I have read, it grabs hold and won't let go. I am quite sad the story has come to an end, I could of went on to read about Sam and Grace's beautiful relationship Forever.

The story starts with Grace shifting back to her human self, alone in a place she doesn't recognise at first. She asks to use a phone in a store and calls Sam to come get her. Sam rushes in the car to get to Grace, but when he does all that's left for him to find is the clothes she stole from somebody's washing line. The weather is not warm enough to hold her in her human form.

Grace continues to shift back and forward over the weeks and every-time Sam just misses her. Cole is working on a cure and testing it out on himself, he nearly dies but Sam and Isabel save his life.

Sam is under the suspicion of the police and Graces parents. When a body of a girl is found in the woods near his house the police bring him in for questioning.

Eventually Grace becomes herself more firmly and finally gets to Sam. She stays in Sam's house and stays as a missing person until she is more firmly in her own body.

Isabel's dad has managed to get the wolves taken off the protected list. An aerial hunt is scheduled, to track and kill all the wolves in the area. It's up to Sam to make a decision. They decide to try to move the wolves to a new location, that was offered up by an unlikely ally.

Meanwhile Grace and her friend Rachel go to Graces Parents to try and get the police off Sam's back.

The ending for me left me wanting so much more. there were definitely some shockers and heart rendering moments.

The characters all really developed and came into their own in this one.

Sam for me, out of everything I have ever read, is the most real character I have ever had the pleasure of reading about. I feel like I could walk into a bookshop and find his yellow eyes staring back at me from behind the counter. He really came into his own and I just love his fragile nature. His and Graces relationship is truly beautiful.

Coal, oh boy, I just love him. He is so interesting, confident, charming and has a good heart. I would of loved to have seen him and Isabel together properly, I think they make a great match.

Grace is such a grown up teenager, she is sensible, down to earth and totally relate-able. She is a beautiful person.

The only thing for me was wanting to know so much more, but I guess that's the beauty of it. Also when Grace went home to her parents, where did she tell them she was all that time? That has been bugging me so much LOL.

Maggie Stiefvater has done a fantastic job on the trilogy as a whole, it has been a pleasure reading each and every instalment. I would love to thank her for sharing sharing with us this amazingly beautiful tale.

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't love it!, 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls) (Paperback)
The thing that I love about this book (and the series) is that it is told from different points of view. While this is something that has been done a fair bit in YA books, I think that this is a book that does it the right way. Getting to hear what is happening from Sam, Grace, Cole and Isabel's view meant that we were really able to get the whole story. There is so much happening in this book and I think that if it had been told from one or even two points of view then we would have missed out on so much that was important. This way of telling the story also lets us get to know more than the two main characters and I liked that there were more people really involved than that.

The first half of the book was quite slow going for me and it felt like it was more of a filler than part of the real story. There wasn't an awful lot happening apart from explanations of some kind or things trying to be figured out. Nothing major really happened and I would have loved for there to be more tension or action in some parts which would have broken up the pacing a little bit. The second half of the book was much better though and this is where the story really got interesting. There are all kinds of crazy things going on in all directions and it made the story more interesting that it already had been.

Some of Forever was pretty predictable but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I would have been quite upset if some of the predictable things hadn't happened. To counteract the predictably parts, there were a few things that really shocked me and things that I didn't see coming at all. This really did break up the slower parts of the book and added a lot to the mystery and excitement of what was going to happen next. There were definitely a few parts that made me gasp with shock and I wasn't expecting this at all.

The thing that made me love this series as a whole was the relationship between Sam and Grace. Maggie Stiefvater's writing is so beautiful and poetic that makes it near impossible to not fall in love with these two characters. Over the course of the series, they have both been through a lot and I think both have coped extremely well with what has been thrown at them. Sam was the standout character though out of the two in this book as he was around that little bit more. Through Sam's point of view, I could really feel everything that he was feeling and experiencing and it made me feel as though I was there with him at some points. Grace was still wonderful in this book but I just think that she was overpowered a little bit by Sam and also Cole and Isabel who I loved completely.

I hate to say it but I was really disappointed with the very end of this book. After such a dramatic ending to the trilogy which I did love overall, I think that some of the ends could have been tied up a lot better without characters being left all up in the air. I really wanted to see everyone settled and happy but this really wasn't the case. There are still questions about the main characters that I would like to have seen answered but this just wasn't the case. I think the ending let down what was an overall great book and it would have put it in the amazing category instead.

ARRAY(0xac862bc4)

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls)
Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls) by Maggie Stiefvater (Paperback - 13 July 2011)
5.28