Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 September 2010
Chaffy is an adorably cute bunny head with on ear shorter than the other. Ten of these creatures have wandered out into the world and are lost - it is your mission to find them through wonderfully detailed and funny double page spreads with all sorts of diverting things happening. This is made a little trickier as one Chaffy is always disguised as a creature from the spread - this could be a circus kitty, a stomping dinosaur, a panda, a ghost etc. Also after each search one Chaffy stays behind so you find a decreasing number of Chaffies each time.

Interspersed with search pages is a cute cartoon about the abilities of Chaffies or lack thereof.

I bought this for my 8 year old son as he had exhausted the Where's Wally books and was finding his Let's find Pokemon books way too easy. This falls in between. It is tricky to find the Chaffies but not so frustrating and difficult as Where's Wally. The backcover claims the book is for all ages and while very young children will like the style and story they would find it too difficult to find the Chaffies without assistance (IMHO).

I thought my son might think the book was a bit girly or babyish as the drawings are so cute, but once he opened it he was hooked. His 14 year old sister who is a big manga and all things kawaii fan came home from school and saw it, she squealed with delight and the two of them spent an hour or so giggling and finding Chaffy.

A big hit in our family !
on 14 October 2010
My son (9) brought one of these this afternoon from his school book Fayre and he he's been enthralled with it for hours! His brother (12) also found it entertaining though he didn't like to admit it ;o)

My 9 year old loves books but I've never seen him take such an interest in one as he has with this. Not much 'reading' in there but the book certainly grabbed his attention and kept him entertained.

Similar to the 'Where's Wally' books but Chaffy is much cuter :o)

Lovely amusing illustrations, very good for taking with you when you have some time to kill, waits at the dentist etc as it will keep your little ones busy - we are anxiously awaiting the next book now :o)
on 15 September 2010
Fantastic book, had to buy it twice as my little nephew fell in love with my original copy and let him keep it.

Like most of Jamie Smart's work his art and humour has broad appeal, although this book i gather is aimed at a slightly younger audience, older fans of his previous work 'Bear' would struggle not find this fun. You also might recognise his work from DFC and the Dandy - again fans of these should immediately pick up a copy.

The artwork is incredible detailed and beautiful to look at - i would love to see this done in a bigger format/poster size to take all the detail in.

I can see this becoming as popular as the Where's Wally series, certainly seeing the reaction of my younger nephews and nieces who are engaged for hours and kept returning to the book again and again.

XM
on 23 April 2011
My five year old son absolutely adores this book. He has looked at it so many times since he got it - probably several times a day. I would recommend for any children that love looking for things because even when you have found all the chaffys (would also keep an adult brain trained) you can search for many other things.

It makes such a change from the usual animal bed time story books which my son is not interested in - I think boys prefer factual or puzzle books and this adds another dimension to bedtime. brilliant.

Please can we have more chaffy books!
on 23 August 2011
Amazing book with beautiful illustrations and a very cute character. My children (6 and 3) LOVE CHAFFY. I've already bought the second book 'Find Chaffy Now' and also very happy about it. Highly recommended for all ages!
on 6 March 2012
Bought for my 8yr old daughter who has been hunting high and low for Chaffys since first stumbled on the Find Chaffy site years ago. She loves it and has been under her pillow pretty much ever since.
Funny and cute (her words) with Jamie Smart's endlessly inventive writing and art (my words!) it has kept her very happy to have something Chaffy of her own and with all it's charm and silliness, it's very deserved.
There's plenty to see in the pictures even once all the Chaffys have been safely found and a brilliantly random (and funny) story running through it that makes other find-it books seem a bit po faced.
Highly recommended!
on 2 April 2012
I am a 8 year old girl and I think this book is brilliant to get your eyes tested in the morning. Its a fun book to read aswell and on one of the pages the chaffies meet some Pandas!
on 12 March 2012
My four year old son absolutely loves looking for Chaffy in this book and this has quickly become the book he chooses at bedtime!!
on 2 December 2015
Spent ages looking at the pages plenty to see a good book to keep you busy.
on 18 March 2016
definatly a book everyone should own it never gets boring.