Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 January 2014
This series of books is a fantastic way to introduce young minds to history. I have bought a few from the series for girls aged from 7 upwards and they have really enjoyed them. The suffragette one was a particular favourite and I have bought a few copies as gifts. I have sat with my niece and she has read parts of it to me and she was inspired but what she read - isn't that great?
I would recommend the series
on 24 July 2011
I read this book so that I could discuss it with my niece. I found it gave an interesting insight into the activities of the suffragettes, convincingly written as a diary, although I thought it would have been a good idea to include a few entries from a later date in order to round off the story, rather than giving these details in an appendix. The main characters were fairly well drawn, but I found the ceaseless name dropping in the earlier part of the book irritating and felt it was probably meaningless to most of its intended audience. I found the second part of the novel more gripping.
on 7 August 2014
In 1909 a young girl is taken from her poor background and raised by a wealthy benefactor to become a lady, Dollie is very grateful for the chance she has been given but finds herself drawn to the plight of the women's suffrage movement. The story goes on to tell of her experiences whilst campaigning for the women's right to vote.
on 6 March 2016
A well written and informative story of a time that should not be forgotten. The one real time that women of all classes really grouped together to fight for equal rights of women.
on 14 April 2014
Bought this as I had to research feminism for a school project, didn't realise it was fiction at firs but that was a fault on my part. Still quite helpful, though.
on 13 May 2013
very plausable and highly readable story set around real events. I was a good account of how people became involved in the issue of suffrage.
on 26 January 2014
Disappointed that this was a youngsters book but my fault. Good condition and as described. Happy to use site again
on 26 June 2015
Not for young children. They should have left some details out - my story books are often in primary schools.
on 26 January 2014
Didn't realise it was a youngsters book so was a bit disappointed but my fault. As described so no issues
on 29 October 2015
some people should leave the book writing to others