on 25 May 2011
I have just finished reading Andy Salmon's book, 'Think of a Link' and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a bit of a quiz buff so I was intrigued by a book that could help you 'to remember absolutely everything'. I was sceptical, at first, but by the time I had finished it, I had caught the bug and was attempting some links of my own.

The book has different purposes and operates at different levels. On the one hand, you can just treat it as a bit of fun and use it to bone up on capital cities of the world or the wives of Henry the eighth, that sort of thing. But, on another level, it has a more serious educational benefit. Not only is it an interesting way of learning facts but the section on learning to spell those irritating words you always find difficult really was helpful.

I thought I'd put this to the test so showed the book to my thirteen year old son and I was amazed by his motivation and enthusiasm. Usually, he has to be surgically removed from social networking sites, video games or his smart phone but this book had him totally enthralled. We had such fun together and for that alone I thoroughly recommend Andy Salmon's book. I must say, too, that Clive Goddard's excellent and witty illustrations add to the fun.
on 1 June 2014
What can I say this book is just so much fun. I bought it as a present for my other half and well we can't stop reading it. We have been learning the 'Think of a link' way of remembering and although it does require a bit of brains and effort (as you need to create your own links.) It is well worth it and a much better way to spend an evening than just watching the tele every night.

The layout in this book would definitely keep younger minds interested and well the content would interest any adult. Just so I can show off, I have learnt the top ten largest countries which are:

1. Russia
7. India
8. Argentina
9. Kazakhstan
10. Sudan

Thank you Think a Link. :)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My son asked me to purchase this book for him after meeting the author and listening to one of his presentations at school.

I must admit to reading parts of it and really not understanding what he was getting at, understanding the word association bit but not grasping the connections he makes- not surprisingly my son thought it was great and that is the difference between us, he being 11 almost 12 and me being 56 and almost 57. He rates it highly and more importantly from the chuckles I hear, he is obviously enjoying it.

Great book for a boy just about to enter into secondary education.
on 31 March 2011
Every teacher and parent should have this book sitting with all their other reference books; it is just as important. Pub quiz here I come.....Yanders
on 27 April 2011
"Think of a Link". This is an enjoyable and useful book. It is attractively presented with wide use of cartoons and graphics. "Linking", as the concept's creator and the author of the book, Andy Salmon says, is a creative use of word-play for people of all ages to remember facts. It is aimed partly towards children to use in their learning at school. Linking I have found does help me remember facts. It is a hardback book and very reasonably priced and is one in the "Bonkers Books" series.
on 10 August 2014
My 9yo son borrowed this from the library and loved it so much he kept renewing till we'd reached the limit - decided we had to have it! He loved the clever tricks, rhymes and other 'hooks' to remember things from capitals of countries, to multiplication, to scientific facts -- a wonderful fun resource for curious kids. Bonkers Books delivered very quickly - very happy with the service.
on 1 June 2014
Cool idea to learn absolutely anything, its great. Its taught me a few things, bonus. Good for kids/teenagers to understand and learn how to remember things, and there's probably more on their website. Fab
on 12 September 2011
This book is great fun! I have a copy in my downstairs loo for entertainment but have also given a copy to my dyslexic nephew who has found it really helpful.
on 18 December 2014
Great book, great condition and speedy delivery. Particularly enjoyed the times table memory tricks.
on 20 December 2014