Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 February 2010
We all see Queen Victoria as the little old lady dressed in black who was 'not amused' but once she was a young girl full of the joy of life and the sort of hopes, fears and dreams that are common to many. This book tells the story of two years of her life in diary form, which is particularly apt in this case as Victoria actually kept a diary all her life parts of which were published during her lifetime. This book gives a fascinating glimpse into her life at Kensington palace before she became Queen, where she led a rather solitary life although in the constant company of others.
on 1 September 2014
A look into the life of Princess Victoria as a young child from 1829 up to becoming Queen Victoria, born May 24th 1819 she was to take the throne 18yrs later. This particular account is a very girly account of her childhood years, whilst informative becoming quite a tedious read, it seems to be very amusing to the author ( why I don't know ) that Victoria changes the word very to the letter V throughout the entire book, this I have found to be the weakest of the My Story series of books so far.
on 13 January 2012
I bought this book for my daughter as we have enjoyed many of the other 'My Story' Books. Previously I have always been impressed with the writing and historical content. We have been trying to get into 'Victoria' for a couple of weeks now but it is really dreadful. Victoria is meant to be 10 years old at the time she wrote this diary but the choice of subject and the use of language is not at all credible for a child of that age. The subject matter is so dull - Victoria talks endlessly, in poorly crafted sentences, about people who have as yet to spark any interest in my daughter or myself. It is the first time I have ever given up on a book but after 50 pages and no sign of it getting even remotely interesting, I am going to give up and start on the other 'My Story' which my daughter got for Christmas.

To put this in context - the other 'My Story' books we have read have been great, particularly the ones relating to Anne Boleyn and the Second World War stories.

Great idea for bringing history to life - perhaps someone else can write another one on Victoria?
on 11 March 2012
A fabulous book however some people may think it is boring because it isn't as exciting as some of the others. There is a bit to much grumbling about things however the people are interesting and different. You can tell why Victoria dislikes people.
on 17 September 2014
Good story book
on 19 November 2013
This book (My Story: Victoria) has a character 'Allah', which is the term Muslims give to God, indicating His Oneness. I find it incredible that a book, particularly a children's book, could be published with this kind of gros error. We are concerned about any other sacrilegious content this series may have, (to either the Muslim faith or others), and will be avoiding what we had previously thought was a respectable, 'living-book', history curriculum.