5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for
I was looking for a book that wouldn't scare the life out of my daughter and that didn't go into too much detail about sex, more the puberty side of things. This book ticked all the boxes and my 9 year old loved it, read it cover to cover in a couple of hours and I often find her reading through it. It covers all the basics in a educational and fun way without being too...
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise but wish it would challenge assumptions bit more
Initially I loved this book. It is clear and well written, giving information in a sensitive and not sensationalist way. I was really disappointed then to read the section on developing body hair. There is a two page spread section detailing ways girls can get rid of their unwanted body hair! It cursorily mentions that body hair is natural but goes on today you may not...
Published 15 months ago by Joanne P. Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to ease young girls into their teenage years, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up (Paperback)
My 10 year old loved this book. The book was as described and arrived promptly. Very well priced also. Worth buying

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for 10 year old girl, 4 Feb 2014
Lisa (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up (Paperback)
This book is really informative and makes things easy to understand for a tween. I have flipped through and I think it makes all these things that happen to a young girls body etc feel a little less scary. I feel that my daughter will be more prepared for her ' puberty talk' which is happening in school soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars For my daughter, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up (Paperback)
Its a good book I can talk to my daughter regarding the growing up stage but it does help with a bit of professional advice for those tricky questions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 10 Jan 2014
C. Poyser "angellove" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up (Paperback)
Bought for my nine year old daughter - very well written and just information detailed for youngsters of this age, but who need to be aware of what is happening to their body, but without being frightened half to death. My daughter and I have read it on a few occasions now and she has read through it a few times alone. I have recommended this book to a number of friends with daughters of a similar age.

5.0 out of 5 stars growing up., 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up (Paperback)
I have a daughter who is 10. My friend purchased this for her daughter and I had heard of it before. All good reviews. My daughter hasn't read it yet, but I am very pleased with it

4.0 out of 5 stars Young girls bible, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up (Paperback)
I was pestered for this book and my daughter didnt put it down for weeks. I think it helps to make sense of the wacky world of puberty for the girls finding it all a little overwhelming.

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 yr old loves it, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up (Paperback)
Perfect private intro to growing up! My 9 yr old seems so much more confident in asking the right questions now and happiky ready for her little changes!!

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 23 May 2013
This review is from: The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up (Paperback)
it helps with the difficult topic of growing up, and allows my to explain it to her using friendly vocab.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Girls Guide to Growing UP, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up (Paperback)
Bought for 10year old daughter. She found it interesting and it has prepared her for the physical and emotional changes she will be going through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful guide, 23 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up (Paperback)
Bought for my daughter who is growing up. She likes it & I'm sure it will be a very helpful guide.

The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up
The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up by Anita Ganeri (Paperback - 2 May 2011)