Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 January 2013
I like the series, they are funny and tell some of the lesser told parts of history.
One have to remember that they are written for 10-15 year old-ish.
the author have said that it is difficult not to write something wrong, because the first constants used to be considered the truth, but by the time the rest of the book had been written, those truths had been disproved.
Also a good theme in the books is that you shouldn't always believe what a historian have written, because the winner writes the history.
on 7 February 2016
I really like these tongue in cheek history books and as a Scot it was a must buy. Not only did it remind me of my Scottish history which was learnt at primary school and on casual reading as a youth, it gave a blow by blow account of at the turmoil and fighting that Scottish history involves. These books are aimed I think for adolescents as well as adults who want an easy read without going into toams written by actual historians and experts in their fields. Role on some more!!!
on 9 September 2011
I found this book a funny, clever way to want to learn more about history.This applies to all ages from cradle to grave.
on 4 January 2014
I really enjoyed this book and have read it twice i am 3/8ths scottish and have ginger hair so i love scotland and enjoyed learning all the facts about scotland i live in england though -age 11
on 13 September 2009
What can you say about the Horrible Histories collection? Big fight between me and my two boys over who was going to read the book first. Says it all really!
on 29 May 2013
I found that learning about the country I live in was interesting and would recommend it to my friends maybe .but some bits were almost offensive or unnecessary
on 3 March 2013
son loves this as well as the rest of the series keeps him quite and educated for hours with these he wants to read
on 26 March 2015
Great book with fun facts and jokes great and funny I highly recommend this book 10/10 one of the best books ever
on 16 April 2016
This book was really good, I always learn loads from the Horrible Histories and this one was no exception!
on 24 August 2015
Fascinating easy to read :) good for kids too. Will definition recommend to others for a wee quick read 😁