5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gripping stories for my 10yo boy
Published on 5 July 2010 by Treeze

1.0 out of 5 stars Con
This is a con - my son already has Battle of Britain and D Day landings as individual books - nowhere on the spiel does it say that these individual books are 2/3rds of this book.
Published on 26 Sep 2011 by Raul

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gripping stories for my 10yo boy, 5 July 2010
This review is from: War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections) (Paperback)
My 10 year old is not a reluctant reader, but I do find it difficult to get him to agree to read new books - we spend ages in the library where he steadfastly refuses to look at anything! He has enjoyed several series of books recently, but I chose this as he had expressed an interest in the Second World War, and loves planes. I bought it for him yesterday and he has been unable to put it down since picking it up - ignoring TV, comptuer, and virtually everything else! To my mind that's a definite hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for getting boys to read, 6 Feb 2011
This review is from: War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections) (Paperback)
Our somewhat reluctant reader , 11 year old son, is now reading this book for the third time! Need I say more?

5.0 out of 5 stars Xbox to reader, 21 April 2010
This review is from: War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections) (Paperback)
My 10 year old son could not be moved from his war games on xbox until we discovered this book. Now we are looking for more of the same type to keep the momentum going.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it, 4 Oct 2010
This review is from: War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections) (Paperback)
My son wrote this review for a school project....

THREE BOOKS IN ONE,AIRPLANES AND INFANTRY.

This is a book your mum doesn't want you to read, but a great book for people who love war. Personally I love the RAF I love the airplane story because it has lots of action in it. All the stories give you a good idea about the environment they are in. It really says it all on the cover.

"I was in a plane. I saw a Jerry at 4 o'clock. I heard a series of bursts. A few scratching noises. I saw some holes in my right and left wing. Before I knew it I was gliding down to the sea. I kept thinking, `these might be the last breaths I ever take'.........."

1.0 out of 5 stars Con, 26 Sep 2011
Raul (SW London, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific buy., 20 April 2014
This review is from: War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections) (Paperback)
I bought this for my 10 year old grandson. He does read but nothing yet has persuaded him towards fiction or indeed any sustained personal writing. This is certainly no crime but not reading at all takes its toll in terms of limited vocabulary and probably poor expression as well. Apart from football books and dips into pre-history, this is the first book that has really fired his imagination and had him reading with enthusiasm. The accounts are wonderfully stimulating in themselves and carry the great advantage of being written in clear, direct English. They shun graphic description of the horrors of war but are a far cry from the fictionalised gung-ho accounts once so popular for boys of this age group and beyond. Instead personal involvement and sincerity operate their own pull. Not all of this series are so angled towards boys. There are books which may excite more interest in girls and many that cross gender barriers.

It is rare to find quality writing aimed at the pre-teen and just beyond age groups. For this reason among others, many children, those not yet sophisticated enough to move on to the more available adult classics, stop reading in any systematic fashion at around this age. I thoroughly recommend this fine series.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a book grandson will read, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections) (Paperback)
I know my 11year old loves War movies so I took a chance (he does not read many books)
he says he likes it and it is so interesting. Hope this is the start of him reading books again
instead of games on his little screen - whatever it is called!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book..., 30 July 2013
This review is from: War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections) (Paperback)
Ordered this book for my eldest's 9th birthday, who is sooooo into WWII and history in general. He loves it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars boys war stories, 12 Jun 2013
J. Crossland - See all my reviews
This review is from: War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections) (Paperback)
my 9 year old loves anything to do with the wars (just like his dad) so it was nice to find a book about it that he could read and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 15 May 2013
This review is from: War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections) (Paperback)
This is the other must read (along with War Stories for Girls) that is doing the rounds of my book club at school - they (mostly girls aged 10-11) love it. I think my name's at the bottom of the list to read it.

War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections)
War Stories for Boys (My Story Collections) by Jim Eldridge (Paperback - 2 Mar 2009)
5.59