4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Educational but Not Overly Exciting
A good book about the adventures of a Celtic prince taken captive by the Romans in 84AD and used as a hostage as they build the Stanegate road just south of what would later be Hadrian's wall.

Published on 20 April 2010 by Sir Furboy

3.0 out of 5 stars Roman Invasion Review
This is a book I would recommend to the younger reader,perhaps 12 years old or thereabouts. It wasn't what I expected to be fair so I find it difficult to appraise fairly.
Published 20 months ago by james ridyard

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Educational but Not Overly Exciting, 20 April 2010
Sir Furboy (Aberystwyth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roman Invasion (My Story) (Paperback)

This would be a good historical account for primary school children studying the Romans in school. As an adventure it was lacking though. Some stuff happened but this was more a series of things that happened than an engaging story. Most children will probably prefer Caroline Lawrence's "Roman Mysteries", although this one backs a lot of good educational content into a small space.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loved it, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Roman Invasion (My Story) (Paperback)
My son loves all history and has a lot in this range. My son is thirteen and they are a perfect read for teenagers. My son doesn't like reading but he will read these books

5.0 out of 5 stars Roman Invasion, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Roman Invasion (My Story) (Paperback)
A great insight into the life of the common Roman soldier, a good read as are most of the books in the My Story series

3.0 out of 5 stars Roman Invasion Review, 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: Roman Invasion (My Story) (Paperback)

Roman Invasion (My Story)
Roman Invasion (My Story) by Jim Eldridge (Paperback - 1 Sep 2008)
5.24