5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book in the world, no, the universe!, 15 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Giggler Treatment (Paperback)
Seriously, if you read this book and don't laugh, you are very strange, and may have a problem!
It is SOOOOOO funny! It has a very funny storyline, a man is about to step in poo, because he was mean to his children, but then the kids find out about it and try to stop it! It sounds stupid and cheesy, and maybe just not worth reading, but believe me, it's a great way to present a book, it keeps you engaged, and it's written so well, you will just love every chapter.

This book is well written, funny and appeals to all youngsters, and maybe some immature adults as well!
Definitely, 10/10, if not more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind where you tread., 8 Oct 2009
G. E. Kelsall (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Giggler Treatment (Paperback)
This book was bought to help my 9 year old Grandson improve his reading, the book and another were obtained following a recommendation from his School Form teacher.

The unusual theme of the book caught his imagination as no other book had, and he actually asked to read it, something the family thought would never happen!

Since this book he has read several others but still remembers the Gigglers with great affection - and his reading is no longer a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars The gigglers, 8 Feb 2008
This review is from: The Giggler Treatment (Paperback)
A fantastic story that explores hilarious areas. It superficially uses old fashioned "Carry On" humour but travels through more complex comic regions. Poo is funny; but the funniest thing from this book is that whilst the journey is constanty towards a particular poo the digressions from the poo target are funnier than the poo itself & brilliant for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars We laughed for HOURS, 5 Nov 2007
Book loving mom (Avon, Connecticut USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Giggler Treatment (Paperback)
This books really cracked me up. We bought it while living in England, which turned us (USA is our home) onto the truly wonderful world of British authors. Now we are constantly buying books online from the UK. Both of my kids have asked me to read it to them more than three times (when we bought it, my daughter was 10, my son was 6). Its best read all in one sitting because the hilarity really builds with each new chapter. Its so irreverant! I wouldn't recommend this book as a birthday present for a friend, though, because the plot is mostly based on a dog's poop. Some moms might be horrified. Not me! Thank you, Great Britain, for teaching my kids how to love reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 15 July 2014
This review is from: The Giggler Treatment (Paperback)
great book if you want to read something to make you laugh, a good choice to read to your children before they go to bed and made even better if you listen to the audio tape of it after reading it as it brings a hole new side to the story that you would think of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Giggler Treatment (Paperback)
I bought this for my grandson ages ago because Roddy Doyle is one of my favourite authors. He loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A rip roaring read!, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Giggler Treatment (Paperback)
I adore this story! my daughter is a great reader however, she had become bored and was beginning to lose interest in reading. This book has got her back on track! She loved the humour in this story and the fabulous characters. If your child is looking for something to switch them back into reading, then this is a must!

4.0 out of 5 stars A book about stepping in poo!, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Giggler Treatment (Paperback)
The Giggler Treatment is a fantastic book for young readers. It starts with a man about to step in some dog poo which has been left there by the Gigglers, a group of creatures who punish those who are mean to children by making them step in poo.

It actually takes the entire book for the poo stepping incident to finally happen as Doyle takes us through what the man did and who he did it to. It zips around all over the place and Doyle's style is informal. He writes like an absent-minded friend which makes it great fun to read.

This is a madcap little book and Doyle's narrative style make it a joy to read. Children will love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely funny book, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Giggler Treatment (Paperback)
lovely funny book. the dog looks just like our dog and the adventures are very funny. I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poo-tastic, 21 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Giggler Treatment (Paperback)
I am 8 years old in year 4. I got this book from the library at school and I really recommend it because I found the cream cracker bit very funny. I loved it. It was great fun to read and I really want to get it and read it again and again.

The Giggler Treatment
The Giggler Treatment by Roddy Doyle (Paperback - 25 Jun 2013)
Used & New from: £0.01