5.0 out of 5 stars a very good book, 21 Oct 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Road to War - a First World War Girl's Diary 1916 - 1917 (My Story) (Diary)
when daffy rowntrees borther goes missing, she decides to join the first aid nursing yeomanry(fany)her diary describes driving the ambulance bus and the horrors of the great war.

i personaly thought this was a very good book and read it in about two days.it was well thought out and historically accurate, I reccomend it to any fan of the my story series.

5.0 out of 5 stars road to war., 27 Jun 2010
D. R. Dorrington "Book Addict" (Reading UK) - See all my reviews
bought for my mum she loves these books. she has also passed them onto a teacher who says they are very good to read to her class in history lessons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series of Stories! Highly recommend!, 1 Jan 2010
Mr. R. Howitt "fivebob" (brighton uk) - See all my reviews
This is a great book to read, very clever to combine a story with lots of history.
I strongly recommend this series of My Story books. All of them are absolutely great for both girls and boys. Very cleverly written they include lots of actual history facts within the story itself. This is a great way to compliment the learning of history at school. We have enjoyed immensely the whole of the series of the My Story books, even a couple of the ones "Boys" ones.
Without a doubt you will enjoy reading these books as both my daughter and I did!

4.0 out of 5 stars Road To War, 6 July 2014
Its 1917 and the Great War has been raging for some time, from a well to do family Daffy wants to help in any way she can and joins the Fanys, a corp of women who drive ambulances on the front line in Belgium at the same time looking for her missing brother. An interesting insight into the contribution some woman gave in the First World War, worth a read.

Road to War - a First World War Girl's Diary 1916 - 1917 (My Story)
5.24