5.0 out of 5 stars a very good book, 21 Oct. 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Road to War - a First World War Girl's Diary 1916 - 1917 (My Story) (Diary)
when daffy rowntrees borther goes missing, she decides to join the first aid nursing yeomanry(fany)her diary describes driving the ambulance bus and the horrors of the great war.

i personaly thought this was a very good book and read it in about two days.it was well thought out and historically accurate, I reccomend it to any fan of the my story series.

5.0 out of 5 stars road to war., 27 Jun. 2010
D. R. Dorrington "Book Addict" (Reading UK) - See all my reviews
bought for my mum she loves these books. she has also passed them onto a teacher who says they are very good to read to her class in history lessons.

4.0 out of 5 stars Road To War, 6 July 2014
Its 1917 and the Great War has been raging for some time, from a well to do family Daffy wants to help in any way she can and joins the Fanys, a corp of women who drive ambulances on the front line in Belgium at the same time looking for her missing brother. An interesting insight into the contribution some woman gave in the First World War, worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A super read for both adults and children, 27 Jun. 2015
Although this is aimed at youngsters, as an adult reader, I have enjoyed several of the ‘My Story’ books and “Road to War” was no different. For those of you unfamiliar with the ‘My Story’ books they enable the reader to experience history through the eyes of a fictional person who was there in at the time.
“Road to War” tells the story of Daffy Rowntree, who in 1917 at the height of the Great War, decides that seeing that her father has been killed in the trenches and her brother is missing, it is about time that she does something to help win the war so that the men and boys still fighting are able to return home to their families.
She soon finds herself as an ambulance driver in France, right on the front line among the mud and horror of Flanders’ fields.
This is a vivid account of what life for women driving ambulances during the Great War and it will certainly make people think about what a vital role women played in the war effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series of Stories! Highly recommend!, 1 Jan. 2010
Mr. R. Howitt "fivebob" (brighton uk) - See all my reviews
This is a great book to read, very clever to combine a story with lots of history.
I strongly recommend this series of My Story books. All of them are absolutely great for both girls and boys. Very cleverly written they include lots of actual history facts within the story itself. This is a great way to compliment the learning of history at school. We have enjoyed immensely the whole of the series of the My Story books, even a couple of the ones "Boys" ones.
Without a doubt you will enjoy reading these books as both my daughter and I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 3 July 2015
Have got many in this series for a niece in the US who loves them such fantastic books to get Children reading

Road to War - a First World War Girl's Diary 1916 - 1917 (My Story)