5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
I think this book is great! It tells you what it was like for children in the war and with me being 13 years old i can relate to it. I love the description of the little things like the weather or the christmas presents. I have read The Voyage on the Great Titanic, which is also a book in this series, but i still think this is the best. I recommened it to all children!
Published on 1 Mar 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
An ok read quite interesting parts to it but had some really boring parts as well. The beginning was quite slow
Published 11 months ago by Rebecca Jayne Donlon

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Mar 2013
I would rate this as a very touching would recommend to read it or give to a friend to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blitz, 21 Feb 2013
Having been a war baby in London its always interesting to read stories whether true or fictional of occurancies during this period.
An excellent story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tragic and life changing story of children all around the world, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Blitz - a Wartime Girl's Diary 1940 - 1941 (My Story) (Diary)
This story is perfect to start with if you are reading the my story story collections, which I am. Blitz is a brilliant story for children like myself to learn about war and famine times. In this story a poor girl and her younger brother gets emigrated as there mother is internally injured. They go to stay with there grandfather who thinks children should stay in there right place which is anywhere he isn't and that children shouldn't speak unless there spoken to.
I think that the reading is a gift and that the my story collection is the wrapping but unlike the wrapping which gets discarded the story from these books will stay with you for life! And to conclude I would like to thank all the great Authors from the wrapping of my gift.
Signed Molly Rose Mac Dermott.

4.0 out of 5 stars my story the blitz, 30 Jan 2013
this book my story the blitz by vince cross is a really great read havnt read any of this authors work before but will read others by him

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative facts set in storybook fashion., 2 Jan 2013
Bought for my 10 and 11 year old grand-daughters this book and five similar ones have given the girls a great insight into life during the period the book refers to.

5.0 out of 5 stars fact-based stories, 14 Nov 2012
J. Griffiths "jigger" (Erskine, Scotland) - See all my reviews
My eleven year old daughter loves these books. The 'My Story' books offer a wonderful insight into history for children. They make for interesting reading and further research, as my daughter has done with every 'My Story' book she has read.

5.0 out of 5 stars WWII presented from a child to a child., 11 May 2012
Lorraine Sears "Redlorry" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
My eight year old daughter is learning about WWII at school and has come home with lots of questions, some of which have been a great source of distress to her, like what was it like to wake up to a an air-raid siren and was it scary when bombs were dropping.

I could only share what I had learned and regale her with tales my parents (who were wartime shildren told me) but I couldn't give her the emotional responses she wanted, only facts.

This book, however, put the history of the Blitz into a child friendly format, presented from a childs point of view. Reading Edie Benson's story totally captivated my daughter and she read the whole book, a little over 150 pages, in just one day.

She's learned things that will help her with her schooling and she's found the answers to questions that we simply couldn't provide her with. I would recommend this book for young but mature readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars wartime girls diary, 20 Feb 2012
i was 3 when the 2nd world war started, so i have got memories of the effects

of the time, to everyone, air-raid shelters in our garden of our house,

having been giving a gas mask, which was a micky mouse one in pattern for a

child,seeing the searchlights across the sky, barrage balloons,hearing the

bombs dropping. going out with my mum seeing the aftermath of debris.

being evacuated. we were lucky we werent bombed out.

i could write a book myself of my experiences of that time, the book brought

back so many memories, happy and sad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blitz, 9 Sep 2009
This book was pruchased for my 11 yr old grandaughter and she was delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 5 Mar 2009
A Kid's Review
Edie benson lives in a London that has been terrorised by bombs and war, she hates it, but refuses to be sent away to the country, but when a series of events lead to her and litle brother, Tom are sent to live with Mr and Mrs.james. who are not very nice at all, when she and tom have had enough (they wash out his mouth with soap and water) they stole away on a train back to london, it seems to get worse for her towards the end, her older brither dies in an bombing accident and her house gets destroyed by bombing.

I raelly enjoyed this book, it was a good lengh and understandable, good to pick up on saturday and finish on sunday. 5 stars.

Blitz - a Wartime Girl's Diary 1940 - 1941 (My Story)
Blitz - a Wartime Girl's Diary 1940 - 1941 (My Story) by Vince Cross (Diary - 5 May 2008)
5.24