on 13 February 2011
Excellent teachers resource full of good ideas linked to literacy strategy objectives can be adapted or extended. I adapted it for use in 1:1 tuition sessions.
on 4 February 2014
This was a life saver as there was little on the internet to help me. I was planning for a ks2 class and had been recommended this series by a colleague. I found the chapter summaries very helpful and I liked the range of activities and the suggestions as to how to extend or support the activity. I was using it for my lessons and perhaps was asking for more than it was designed for as I found the section on 'plot, character and setting had a lot on character and setting but little to help you teach about the plot; in fact I had to make this bit up myself. Like I said, it was not really described as a lesson planning tool but it was worth what I paid for it and helped me plan 6-8 lessons. I could have got a lot more lesson planning out of it if we were continuing to focus on the book. I would definitely buy another in the future.
on 21 January 2015
Some really cool ideas to add to your own plans when studying the book. Well worth a look.
on 8 May 2016
Had some good ideas in but wasn't as useful as I'd hoped
on 27 September 2014
saves a lot of time with excellent ideas.
on 4 April 2016