5.0 out of 5 stars An easy to follow course
Published on 9 May 2009 by H. Old

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality item due to bbc packaging.
Published 22 months ago by bkworm22

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy to follow course, 9 May 2009
H. Old (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talk Italian (1and 2) Box Set: (1and 2) Box Set (Paperback)
I have been learning Italian on and off for 2 years but am always looking for new resources to give me fresh motivation and a variety of approaches. I tried the Talk Italian having read the amazon reviews and thought it seemed very good value for money (the whole course of 20 lessons for just over half the price of one private lesson). I whizzed through the first book as it was covering topics I've already done. It was perfect for revision and gave me a few new phrases to add to my collection. The Talk Italian 2 goes into much more depth but remains a nice and simple course. It's very easy to use and each of the 10 lessons takes about half an hour to go through thoroughly. What I've been impressed with is that the course covers very useful and relevant language so makes me feel more confident talking in a range of situations. I have used the Pimsleur language program previously and it's fine as long as you are an american business man in the habit of bumping into young Italian girls and want to ask them for a drink or to dinner. The Pimsleur technique is not necessarily wrong but the content of the courses was to me largely irrelevant. The Talk Italian however, is very useful. For example, it's the first resource I've found that addresses the questions and answers surrounding 'why do you want to learn Italian?'. You are bound to be asked this but nowhere else have I seen this mentioned. The course book is attractive and very easy to use and the slightly annoying music on Talk Italian 1 has been left out on Talk Italian 2. At this price, you cannot go wrong - buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk Italian, 14 Jun 2010
An excellent introduction to the language. Very accessible and clear. One of the best aspects of this course is that there are several presenters who all speak their language in their own way. Thus, the learner is hearing the language in varied ways - as happens in real life. This system suits several different learning styles. Visual, visual/auditory, auditory. Mix it up or just use it as it suits you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but you need to follow both book and CD, 15 Feb 2011
Good course so far, reasonably easy to follow (although to be fair I studied some Italian at school, so I am using this to relearn what I have forgot!). Looks comprehensive overall, 4 CDs and associated books. I'm on the 2nd CD now as I write. However with this product, you need to read the book that goes along with it. I was hoping to learn just from the CD in the car. While not a bad thing, the product description doesn't make this clear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Talk Italian: (1and 2) Box Set, 26 Jun 2009
M. Emin Tarim "Old Days" (Istanbul, Turkey) - See all my reviews
I am a working man and I have learned quite a lot by listening to These CD's in my spare times. I found it very useful for those who wish to learn Italian, but cannot attend a course, provided that they should have the basic elements of Italian language in the first place, and they will of listening repeatedly. I found this BBC product very helpful. Thank You

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!!, 10 Oct 2010
This is officially the most helpful, easy to follow and digestable language pack I have ever read!! All of the lessons are a manageable size, clearly laid out and complimented by the very fun and easy-to-keep-up-with audio. I can now say that I have a basic grasp of Italian and this pack has laid foundations to learn more at a higher level. It is excellently contructed and I recommend it to anyone and everyone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars BBC Active - another excellent study set, 23 Sep 2011
I completed the BBC Talk Greek 1&2 last year, then Portuguese and now on the last chapter of Talk Italian 2. An excellent course. The first book took me 10 days to cover (about 2 hours a day while commuting). I wasn't afraid to use my earphones and practise speaking aloud while walking to the station. The second book is taking me about 5 weeks to cover thoroughly. Both text books and CD audio are excellent, developing steadily and logically, with real-life situations, easy to relate to. Really recommend for beginners.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 30 Dec 2010
Having already used the Spanish version of this, I bought this version so that I could learn Italian prior to going on holiday to Rome. The course is split into different sections which makes it easier to learn as it is nicely broken up. The CD allows you hear the words being spoken, rather than just reading the text. To put it simply, this is an easy way of learning the language if you don't have time to the opportunity to en-role on a language course.

The one bad thing I will say about the Talk series is that the majority of phrases are the formal versions, rather than the informal conversational phrases you would use with friends or family.

5.0 out of 5 stars I truly recommend for beginners, 13 Aug 2010
Lodge28 (Manchester , UK) - See all my reviews
Knowing only one language fluently (English) I have always been on holiday and I feel very ignorant when I see people speaking numerous other languages. So I felt it was time to become bilingual and Italian has been a language I've always been keen about because I just love the country,culture and people there.

The BBC talk italian pack is an absolute gem for the price you pay. The book and audio CD's work beautifully together and its so easy to follow. This is the best one out there and its much better than folking out ££££ for rosetta stone software.

Give it a go and see what you think, im positive you will be surprised how fast you pick it up.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality item due to bbc packaging., 1 Dec 2012
bought this item (3 books, 4 cds) from amazon a while ago, and the discs - all 4- where scratched, the bottom two worst of all, due i think to the poor bbc packaging, as the book that holds the discs doesnt hold them tightly, but rather holds them losely; which means they always fall out and get scratched. Item was replaced 4 times and I had the same problem each time- the discs where always out of the book that holds them and where therefore scratched- i got a refund and bought the fist talk italian book and cd set by its self- for some reason if theyre sold individually- that is if you just by the first talk italian- they come it better packaging that holds the discs better, so less chance of them being scratched.

As for the books themselves- they are excellent books for beginners, easy to follow, with plenty of exercises to do and loads to learn!! highly recommend these series of books, just not this set!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Excellent service

Talk Italian (1and 2) Box Set: (1and 2) Box Set
Talk Italian (1and 2) Box Set: (1and 2) Box Set by Alwena Lamping (Paperback - 15 July 2008)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available