5.0 out of 5 stars 1 = Sun... 2 = Shoe... 3 = Tree...
There are quite a few "memory" books to choose from and Tony Buzan is a seriously clever person who has written a fantastic book that should be part of every school's curriculum.

I first used this book when I was studying psychology at university and used it to win loads of free drinks (as well as pass all my assignments)...

Since then I have used...
Published on 22 Aug. 2012 by Mark Stipanovsky

3.0 out of 5 stars Too complicated
I enjoyed the start of the book, very interesting facts, learning solar system was good, but I thought the memory palace could be explained in a bit more detail and also the coding for the letters e.g 6 is a J, sh, soft ch and so on, just was difficult, prefer Dominic o Brien's book, you can have an amazing memory.
Published 14 months ago by J. Hughes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 = Sun... 2 = Shoe... 3 = Tree..., 22 Aug. 2012
Mark Stipanovsky (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Memory Book: How to Remember Anything You Want (Paperback)

Since then I have used certain memory techniques to enhance my style of life and teach the same techniques to my clients.

I am now a specialist in addiction, weight loss, relationships and a few other things and still pick up this book from time to time because it is so useful.

Even if you already have a good memory - it can still be improved - and just learning "Smashing Scope" which is a mnemonic that helps create "memory hooks" will change your life for the better.

The book itself is easy to read, very colourful and has exercises throughout to test and help improve your recall so that you can actually begin using what you are learning from day one.

It also has the party trick type of memory stuff - that's the stuff which will earn you free drinks forever - if you want to play about with it...

This is part of a series of Tony Buzan books - take some time to learn his mind mapping stuff as well - and if you're a student, a parent or just someone who'd like to generally improve the way their brain works then this book will be money well spent.

If you've ever wondered how someone can remember a whole pack of cards - the date and name of every Prime Minister - the solar system planets (in order) then this book will actually teach how to do all of that and more.

Tony Buzan also has a website - just google him - that advances on this already advanced way of learning and is even more helpful.

I cannot emphasise how useful learning this stuff really is - buy the book and become amazed at how "clever" you can become. I wish I'd come across this style of learning earlier in my life because it makes learning new things really enjoyable and fun...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 Feb. 2013
I bought this as a present but it does everything that is says it would. A lot in a relatively small book.

4.0 out of 5 stars My poor memory, 13 Oct. 2013
Redtiley (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
I now know the planets of the solar system - helped me answer a quiz question
The techniques are helpful, but have only found it helps me for short term memory at present
Need to read more to see if it helps me with long term memory

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for helping you remember, 22 Sept. 2013
I have not yet finished reading this book but from the few chapters I've read I've already learnt a few basics about how to study and improve my memory and it's working. It's certainly worth it for anyone seeking to improve their memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionary, 19 April 2013
Excellent, fun, colourful, practical, inspireing, usefull, clear, supportive, friendly, varied. readers will learn a lot in a short time with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of winning approach to exams, 12 April 2012
People so often get caught out in exams because they haven't learnt the stuff properly - they think they know it but they don't. Buzan's book is fantastic because it gives an overview of techniques that actually work. Basically our brains aren't very good at remembering lists of stuff. Buzan's techniques work because they unleash the power of different parts of our brain: the imagination and our visual memory. These techniques are an essential piece of the jigsaw when it comes to doing well at exams. Good luck!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too complicated, 17 April 2014
J. Hughes (Uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works, 8 July 2013
Not finished this book yet but everything so far has worked. Really wish I'd read it sooner!
Does take a little bit of time but worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 6 Jan. 2013
This is a really good book. It has helped me to create easy scenarios to remember lists of items. If you are worried about your memory not being as good as I was, use this book to improve. Really good buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Jan. 2012
A really interesting book. Very simple to follow and makes you realise how powerful your memory can be if you know how to use it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Memory Book: How to Remember Anything You Want
The Memory Book: How to Remember Anything You Want by Tony Buzan (Paperback - 21 Dec. 2009)